• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You just need a few Distance Object Grabber (DOG) mechanisms.
Quick sea story from the inland Navy.

When I was at a reserve center, one day the local PD came along the thoroughfare, in hot pursuit of a couple of individuals who had made some bad life choices (armed robbery). The perps lots control of their vehicle right out front of our facility. The location was sheer coincidence because there was nothing unusual about that stretch of road. They caught a bit of air and crashed into the fence close to our gate. Thence the chase continued on foot with one individual soon giving up (delayed good decision) at the behest of a K9 unit and the other disappearing into the trees and brush for several minutes but also giving up (more delayed but also good decision), thanks in part to the motivation of the K9.

We got to meet the dog later. Beautiful German Shepherd as are a lot of police dogs. This one had a titanium canine. He'd broken one or two of his teeth in training, apparently that's sort of a common thing with police dogs. I remember the handler telling us the pup likes tennis balls and getting bad guys. Heh!

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I have several "Beware of Dog" signs around the outside of my house. Once someone makes it through the door or window, my alarm is set off and my 3 Sheps are alerted. If they aren't already downstairs, there is a load rumbling as they come down the stairs, accompanied by a lot of loud barking. If they are still outside, the front door shakes from one or all of them throwing their bodies at it. The smallest is 75 lbs. The largest is 115 lbs. If someone were brave or stupid enough to enter the house after experiencing that, they would encounter a fairly well armed home owner as well. I don't own many expensive items, so it would be an extremely high risk for little to no payoff. But what the heck? Looters, thieves and rioters aren't the smartest cookies.

Attachments

• RooXander.jpg
    RooXander.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have several "Beware of Dog" signs around the outside of my house. Once someone makes it through the door or window, my alarm is set off and my 3 Sheps are alerted. If they aren't already downstairs, there is a load rumbling as they come down the stairs, accompanied by a lot of loud barking. If they are still outside, the front door shakes from one or all of them throwing their bodies at it. The smallest is 75 lbs. The largest is 115 lbs.
And from the looks of the photo, they can shoot lasers out of their eyes to boot. ?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I have several "Beware of Dog" signs around the outside of my house. Once someone makes it through the door or window, my alarm is set off and my 3 Sheps are alerted. If they aren't already downstairs, there is a load rumbling as they come down the stairs, accompanied by a lot of loud barking. If they are still outside, the front door shakes from one or all of them throwing their bodies at it. The smallest is 75 lbs. The largest is 115 lbs. If someone were brave or stupid enough to enter the house after experiencing that, they would encounter a fairly well armed home owner as well. I don't own many expensive items, so it would be an extremely high risk for little to no payoff. But what the heck? Looters, thieves and rioters aren't the smartest cookies.

Boxers in my case, but same same otherwise. They're like heat seeking missiles that only require a little bit of kibble.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm a big advocate of reopening but misleading garbage like this isn't useful. Kids are largely unexposed to COVID-19 because they've been mostly quarantined. This says nothing of the future state.

Sweden didn’t close primary schools, and they apparently did fine. The above article bemoans the lack of testing in children but also mentions Sweden didn’t test those without symptoms. Meanwhile exactly 1 COVID death in Sweden under age 9.

exNavyOffRec

I'm a big advocate of reopening but misleading garbage like this isn't useful. Kids are largely unexposed to COVID-19 because they've been mostly quarantined. This says nothing of the future state.

"Quarantined" in day care, after-school programs, and other programs that watch kids that have increased in size and numbers since this whole thing started.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

Sweden didn’t close primary schools, and they apparently did fine. The above article bemoans the lack of testing in children but also mentions Sweden didn’t test those without symptoms. Meanwhile exactly 1 COVID death in Sweden under age 9.

Except that, due to the isolation policies that went into effect, it's difficult to compare populations in different countries. PFR and IFR varies widely.