• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good article on masks and transmission.

And again, confusing, even contradictory information. Official word was that aerosol transmission was highly unlikely. Is it any wonder people are doubting any given procedure or direction is necessary.

Millions is being spent on sanitizing surfaces as organizations begin to open up and go back to business. Yet all the experts can say is that transmission is "possible". I'd be interested in seeing the numbers of individuals that have gotten COVID from a touch surface, and what the circumstances were. Since we haven't seen that data in the ordinary media, I am guessing the numbers are nonexistent or very very low. Yet we have playground equipment and picnic tables, outside inundated by UV and the heat of the day, closed with crime scene tape around them.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
And again, confusing, even contradictory information. Official word was that aerosol transmission was highly unlikely. Is it any wonder people are doubting any given procedure or direction is necessary.

Millions is being spent on sanitizing surfaces as organizations begin to open up and go back to business. Yet all the experts can say is that transmission is "possible". I'd be interested in seeing the numbers of individuals that have gotten COVID from a touch surface, and what the circumstances were. Since we haven't seen that data in the ordinary media, I am guessing the numbers are nonexistent or very very low. Yet we have playground equipment and picnic tables, outside inundated by UV and the heat of the day, closed with crime scene tape around them.

The local soccer field, basketball court, picnic area are crime scene taped accordingly - the local city clerk was adamant it was "to protect the children" - and when I challenged her she admitted it was about CYA/optics more than a real threat. "When I see an official letter from the state, I will have the tape removed and inform the city police to no longer enforce with citations - but that is many months away"

Beaurocrats run amok.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love seeing all the politicians, cops, reporters, etc saying how important it is to protect protesters first amendment right to peacefully protest. Meanwhile the right to go to church is suspended because of this weak ass virus.
Do you even COVID, bro? :D

SlickAg

pilot

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The local soccer field, basketball court, picnic area are crime scene taped accordingly - the local city clerk was adamant it was "to protect the children" - and when I challenged her she admitted it was about CYA/optics more than a real threat. "When I see an official letter from the state, I will have the tape removed and inform the city police to no longer enforce with citations - but that is many months away"

Beaurocrats run amok.
I doubt anyone would even notice if you removed the tape and let your kids play on it.

The racist act against George Floyd was abhorrent and wrong (and murder if/when proven guilty), but the ensuing protests are ironically showing the futility and tyranny of these made-up local rules (not laws) against people congregating or going to public places.

taxi1

pilot
A lot of unknowns, and a lot of knowledge being gained rapidly.

Dosing seems to be the thing. Minimizing it is key.

When experts recommend wearing masks, staying at least six feet away from others, washing your hands frequently and avoiding crowded spaces, what they’re really saying is: Try to minimize the amount of virus you encounter.

A few viral particles cannot make you sick — the immune system would vanquish the intruders before they could. But how much virus is needed for an infection to take root? What is the minimum effective dose?

A precise answer is impossible...

Three factors seem to be particularly important for aerosol transmission: proximity to the infected person, air flow and timing...

Apart from avoiding crowded indoor spaces, the most effective thing people can do is wear masks, all of the experts said. Even if masks don’t fully shield you from droplets loaded with virus, they can cut down the amount you receive, and perhaps bring it below the infectious dose.

“This is not a virus for which hand washing seems like it will be enough,” Dr. Rabinowitz said. “We have to limit crowds, we have to wear masks.”

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
A lot of unknowns, and a lot of knowledge being gained rapidly.

Dosing seems to be the thing. Minimizing it is key.
Makes sense.

Thanks for posting this. Somehow I missed it the other day in the daily NYT email (I signed up for it for their COVID coverage).

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I love seeing all the politicians, cops, reporters, etc saying how important it is to protect protesters first amendment right to peacefully protest. Meanwhile the right to go to church is suspended because of this weak ass virus.
Dude...not being able to go to church sucks fucking donkey dicks. Shit...I haven’t been able to go to my Presbyterian church for months now. I miss the usher duty! I need the weekly “in-person” worship services to keep my fucking sailor mouth in check...shit...I walk around the house [as well as Dunkin’ Donuts] spewing all sorts of profanity quite a little bit...just like when were on the boat during DET. Many people think I’m a fucking douche bag due to my potty mouth...I just need to go to church!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Dude...not being able to go to church sucks fucking donkey dicks. Shit...I haven’t been able to go to my Presbyterian church for months now. I miss the usher duty! I need the weekly “in-person” worship services to keep my fucking sailor mouth in check...shit...I walk around the house [as well as Dunkin’ Donuts] spewing all sorts of profanity quite a little bit...just like when were on the boat during DET. Many people think I’m a fucking douche bag due to my potty mouth...I just need to go to church!
I have the perfect solution for you: Navy Chaplain, at sea. You get to be on the boat again, keep swearing all you want, and you can hold a religious service whenever you want (since you’re chaps).