• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CORTRAMID East or West?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's true. The last year they did west was my youngster summer. '09 just had east.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
It's true. The last year they did west was my youngster summer. '09 just had east.

We've been told this whole time that Block 1 Cruises were all west coast, blocks 2 and 3 were East. I haven't heard much that west was not happening. Guess we'll see.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
We're sending at least 3, probably 6 T-6's to West with some shit-hot single anchors.
Have fun. Bring your barf bags...

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I'm going up to Oceana with a Weiner. TAD for 2 weeks flying nothing but hotseat front seat PA's? I can't believe that they had to ask twice for volunteers! As Hozer said, bring a bag (2 if you're smart!)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm strictly speaking for USNA here in terms of our Blocks and where MIDN are sent.

CORTRAMID locations/dates are flipped for NROTC. East goes in June, West in July. You can go any coast for your other cruises at any point in the summer though.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
CORTRAMID locations/dates are flipped for NROTC. East goes in June, West in July. You can go any coast for your other cruises at any point in the summer though.

FWIW, the Academy guys do CORTRAMID EAST in July as well. I've done the last two EASTs during the same time period (end of June to beginning of July) and it's always been USNA peeps. The last two weeks were the same, as well.

e6bflyer:

Enjoy. I'll miss doing it this year. If you haven't been before (I can't remember if you said you had), it's hot, tiring, and hot, but you get to do that pilot shit that you don't get to do at home thanks to the FTI. By the way, my personal record for being told to slow down for a F-18 is twice in one TAD period. See what you can do about breaking that record.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
Even though I started the tread asking for which CORTRAMID is a better experience, I'm doing a 2/C 3rd phase surface cruise, not exactly sure where or when though.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
FWIW, the Academy guys do CORTRAMID EAST in July as well. I've done the last two EASTs during the same time period (end of June to beginning of July) and it's always been USNA peeps. The last two weeks were the same, as well.

e6bflyer:

Enjoy. I'll miss doing it this year. If you haven't been before (I can't remember if you said you had), it's hot, tiring, and hot, but you get to do that pilot shit that you don't get to do at home thanks to the FTI. By the way, my personal record for being told to slow down for a F-18 is twice in one TAD period. See what you can do about breaking that record.

I'll try my hardest, but that might be a hard one to achieve! I was on CCX into NQX and after being denied a PAR, just decided for vectors to the initial. I had a flight of 4 F-18's behind me, and tower asked me if I could break at the approach end. About 3 seconds later when I was on the deck, the tower told me "nice break!". It is the ONLY time I have ever looked cool in the T-34. I am convinced that the short break is the only thing the T-34 does really well.

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
I'll be going east this summer. My understanding so far has been that it's done geographically (barring special circumstances). A buddy of mine is an exception, he's from Minnesota and lives within pissing distance of the Mississippi (on the western bank). Our unit staff just threw him in with the majority of us going east.