• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CORTRAMID East or West?

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
Update: I just found out I'll be on an FFG for my 2/C cruise, flying in and out of some pretty #$*@ing sweet places (at least they sound it). Anyone have any tips for being on an FFG, on a 2/C cruise, or in general? I'd love to see if I could get up in one of the helos while I'm there, would this be possible?

Know what's cool? When the cruise coordinator cancels the wrong cruise, my sweet South American cruise. Oh well, I'll be on a DDG now which should be exciting. Don't know where it's headed, just that it is.

sbpilot

Cortramid west 08'

So I've got aviation week as my last week, they said its going to be T-34's and SH-60's out of North Island. Any of you guys gonna be doing the flying?! :D Also chance of hornet ride up at Lemoore... they're sending 8 per company... DEFINITELY trying to get selected for that. (Now based off of interest in aviation/ cortramid performance, and not PT scores).

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
DEFINITELY trying to get selected for that. (Now based off of interest in aviation/ cortramid performance, and not PT scores).

Oh come on... someone say it.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
the extent of the turbo weenie ride: "Get in. Sit down. Shutup. Don't touch anything. Puke in this."

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Do yourself a favor and just enjoy the T-34 ride in San Diego. Hang out at Pacific Beach and enjoy the scenery.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Uhh, how is CORTRAMID performance rated? Things have changed in the past few years...

Python

pilot
Contributor
Good, I'm glad they finally changed that.

No kidding, they used to select SEAL wannabe guys and super SWO PT studs. One of the guys that got it a couple of years ago the hornet pilot said that he was a waste of a flight and somebody who wanted it should have gotten it.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got me some TAD orders to do some of that PROTRAMID east stuff in the TurboWeenie. Apparently, not enough people volunteered, so they offered me a drug deal and I took it.

Anybody have and info on what typical days are going to be like?

TRAWING Five Turbo Weenies arriving at Oceana last week. Not this gent's first time so it's a good deal from his perspective!

TRAWING5arriving.jpg

HJ Photo

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
TRACOM aircraft next to fleet birds always looks like a clown car parked next to a Ferrari.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got back from Virginny Beach. . .after some very messy first days, we now issue 3 bags.

Quote of the DET: "I don't care if you think you're gonna puke or not. Hold that bag open the whole time. Like you're gonna throw a basketball in there."

This right after one of the IP's asked: "Who's bright idea was it to feed the midshipmen crab salad sandwiches?"

Looks like they were listening....photos from June Mid flights

IMG_7668-1.jpg

IMG_7661.jpg

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7670.jpg

Photos by HJ

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I guess things have changed. I showed interest in the VS community, and got a ride in an S-3. I showed interest in VP, and got a ride in a P-3. If your interested in it, pursue it. The worst they can say is no.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Probably get two for the price of one as they've been trucking the prepubescents up from North Island in a COD and you could probably pick their brains a bit. All I have to say is 1.) I think it's stupid the government spends so much money enticing people with Hornet rides who are already joining the military to.....join the military? I know of numerous hard working maintainers who would kill for the same chance and in my opinion are more deserving. And, finally 2.) carry an fning sick sack and use it.....and then throw it IN the trash when your done and not inside somebody elses gear.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
1.) I think it's stupid the government spends so much money enticing people with Hornet rides who are already joining the military to.....join the military? I know of numerous hard working maintainers who would kill for the same chance and in my opinion are more deserving.

I thought the same thing.