• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
The House of Representatives impeached the President today, period. While Many Americans could probably use a civics lesson a good many probably remember the trial in the Senate last year and know this is only the beginning of the process.

So the Capital gets a fence and the National Guard but it those are ineff

The Senate doesn't affirm it, the President is put on trial there and is either convicted or acquitted. Simple as that.

On another note, a sad commentary on the current state of affairs that 20,000 National Guard troops will be used to guard the Inauguration next week in addition to all the other security.

View attachment 28929
The House of Representatives impeached the President today, period. While Many Americans could probably use a civics lesson a good many probably remember the trial in the Senate last year and know this is only the beginning of the process.

The Senate doesn't affirm it, the President is put on trial there and is either convicted or acquitted. Simple as that.

On another note, a sad commentary on the current state of affairs that 20,000 National Guard troops will be used to guard the Inauguration next week in addition to all the other security.

View attachment 28929
So you’re telling me that walls and the National Guard work? If only..... ?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So you’re telling me that walls and the National Guard work? If only..... ?

If only....you had ~7,000,000 National Guard to guard the southern border then you would be about right, give or take few million depending on how big an area downtown the Guard in DC is guarding (I figured a 5 mile boundary in downtown to cover the Capitol, White House and some of the Mall).

Yup, makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BigRed389

None
The rioters got a lot farther inside the building than they should have. The Pentagon has had an attempted unlawful entry in the past decade, and that person was shot outside. The Capitol Police could have shot any rioters attempting unlawful entry at an external entry. The fact that they allowed themselves to be pushed far to an interior doorway shows some good restraint on their part.

This. I've got a buddy who's done a Legislative Fellow tour at the Capitol. He's familiar with the layout and said they were extremely close to being in the same room as members of Congress who had not yet fully been evacuated.

The doors were barricaded, and she along with other rioters present deliberately ignored warnings to try to breach that barricade. It's sad, but if you ignore repeated instructions to stop...
I'm also amazed they showed as much restraint as they did. Once the tac teams showed up with ARs, things could've gotten a lot worse very quickly.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
One somewhat surprising thing to me over the summer and fall was just how quiet she and some of her more like-minded colleagues were, with President-elect Biden getting very little flak at all from the more notable members of the left wing of the party. It was a pretty decent show of discipline for a party that isn't exactly known for it.
Hint: Follow the money. (This probably works for any major political party, in any country.)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Show me what Trump said before or during the riots that was anything close to what he said yesterday.
Show me a completed official investigation showing Trump did anything illegal.

Otherwise this impeachment is nothing but a political stunt and Nancy orgasming to her fantasy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hint: Follow the money. (This probably works for any major political party, in any country.)

Or maybe they were smart enough to keep quiet because they knew it would do nothing but play into the opposing party's narrative.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Or maybe they were smart enough to keep quiet because they knew it would do nothing but play into the opposing party's narrative.
Nah, they got something in return - whether that was policy guarantees or positional assurances, we won’t know, but we can bet it happened.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nah, they got something in return - whether that was policy guarantees or positional assurances, we won’t know, but we can bet it happened.

And you know this how? I wouldn't be so presumptuous about whatever motivated them to be quiet and nor should you.