• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

taxi1

pilot
Emergency Egress Training (non-ejection seat) made me think of this for some reason.

200.gif

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
This is a thing?
There are a handful of "of the year" awards from various civic groups and non-mil entities. Off the top of my head, the local Lions Club and I think either the Navy League or AUSN did that- it's mostly an appreciation banquet, a feather in your cap, and networking with military appreciation/retired dudes and dudettes. This sounds like the same kind of thing.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Oh and adding to my AF cultural education, I attended my first staff meeting with my active duty colleagues and no kidding heard the terms "alibi" and "re-attack" no less than a dozen times in a 45 minute meeting. I literally had to google the terms and the context.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Oh and adding to my AF cultural education, I attended my first staff meeting with my active duty colleagues and no kidding heard the terms "alibi" and "re-attack" no less than a dozen times in a 45 minute meeting. I literally had to google the terms and the context.
I'm curious if they say "roger" in response to a yes/no question, or if that's an Army-only thing. That one confused the hell out of me for my first few weeks of working with the Army; after that it just became like nails scratching a chalkboard.

(And don't hit reply and say "roger.")

ChuckMK23

pilot
I'm curious if they say "roger" in response to a yes/no question, or if that's an Army-only thing. That one confused the hell out of me for my first few weeks of working with the Army; after that it just became like nails scratching a chalkboard.

(And don't hit reply and say "roger.")
There is a lot of "roger" in AF email and text though - properly used to mean heard and understood.

I ordered flight suit name tags today and had to insist on use of gold thread for Navy wings - lol.

HuggyU2

None
Chuck,

Until the word “ahead” is replaced with “a-cranium” or “headquarters” with “cranium quarters”, I wouldn’t give it too much worry. Just learn the nuances.

But when the “cranium” thing becomes ubiquitous, then kill it quickly... or run away as fast as you can.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I've seen guys preflight seeker craniums and refer to boxes on a kneeboard card as containers.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Chuck,

Until the word “ahead” is replaced with “a-cranium” or “headquarters” with “cranium quarters”, I wouldn’t give it too much worry. Just learn the nuances.

But when the “cranium” thing becomes ubiquitous, then kill it quickly... or run away as fast as you can.

Also make 69 part of every procedure and brief you'll ever do.

HuggyU2

None
I've seen guys preflight seeker craniums and refer to boxes on a kneeboard card as containers.
In low doses, not a big deal. "Cultural"... like a gazillion Navy/Marine/Nautical-aviation that I could regurgitate here.

It's when it becomes excessive.