• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Oh and adding to my AF cultural education, I attended my first staff meeting with my active duty colleagues and no kidding heard the terms "alibi" and "re-attack" no less than a dozen times in a 45 minute meeting. I literally had to google the terms and the context.
People who can’t speak without using military bullshit terms should have their arms ripped off and beaten with the bloody ends.

Any saved rounds?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I ordered flight suit name tags today and had to insist on use of gold thread for Navy wings - lol.

The geedunk here ordered a nametag for me and it came in with silver AF wings and silver Navy wings. My daughter had a yellow/gold paint pen that I was able to use to make it the right color. I’ve since ordered my own name tags with the correct thread color.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
People who can’t speak without using military bullshit terms should have their arms ripped off and beaten with the bloody ends.

Any saved rounds?
I think I have zeroed-in on your alibi.

BLUF

Just break it down Barney-style.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Oh and adding to my AF cultural education, I attended my first staff meeting with my active duty colleagues and no kidding heard the terms "alibi" and "re-attack" no less than a dozen times in a 45 minute meeting. I literally had to google the terms and the context.
At the next brief instead of saying “alibi,” say this...”I’m going to take a bolter, go around, and ride the ball to a three wire on that last issue, hoo-ahh?”

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I've spent 8 ish years on and off working with the USAF. Here is some Air Force lingo, but no one knows where it originates:
  • When you get unsolicited advice or a sideways tasker, you refer to that person as "paddles" and their boss as "cagg paddles."
  • Whenever someone shows up wearing a brightly colored coat or outlandish outerwear, the Air Force calls that a "swo jacket."
  • When you are using a computer at work and it freezes or otherwise stops working, the Air Force calls that "doing an en-sips."
  • When a coworker wants to sneak out of work early or take a long lunch break, the Air Force calls that "visiting the nosk."
  • If you go retrieve something out of the kitchen freezer at work, the Air Force calls that "becoming a blue nose."

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Are we just going to ignore that the Phrog guy doesn't know what the term "re-attack" means? I guess the pallets of soda were always on-top, on-time, on-target.
And copier paper, and ice cream, and MK82/84's, and crates of AIM-9X's, and spare T-700 engines, and and and :)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
OK so after a series of conference calls this week I have heard the term "beast mode" more times than I can count. Its a thing - I never knew it was a thing. "Let's go after that issue in full beast mode..."

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
People who can’t speak without using military bullshit terms...
What's even better is when Reservists talk like this at their civilian jobs -- that have nothing to do with the government or military -- during meetings.

I ran into some PwC dreg on an engagement that had nothing to do with the military or government. The douche had a freaking IDWO insignia sewn onto his work backpack. I wanted to vomit and no, I never told the douche that I was part of the club.