• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I was wondering that too. I was hoping Chuck was going to become an ASI and I could get my NVG IP sign-off!
Believe me it was disappointing - however this role is considerably better compensated as are .mil benefits. Plus being in the company of active duty folks every day is refreshing. I'm off to get my CAC and my laptop and my AF issue iPad (ForeFlight Military EFB).

If I can ever help someone and pay it forward please don't hesitate to ask.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Believe me it was disappointing - however this role is considerably better compensated as are .mil benefits. Plus being in the company of active duty folks every day is refreshing. I'm off to get my CAC and my laptop and my AF issue iPad (ForeFlight Military EFB).

squirrels away this post and takes a screenshot for use years down the road

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Just you wait, the Air Force will surprise you with requirements you would never expect..

Congrats though, welcome to the quasi-dark side.
Mods, can we get a pair of these for @ChuckMK23’s avatar? They’ll look nice under his gold wings.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Mods, can we get a pair of these for @ChuckMK23’s avatar? They’ll look nice under his gold wings.

View attachment 27706
ZoO1qUkEC1SbewbldtiEpQ0etSHUtmz5iLlEISyyICmL2L_abKIg335N1uB9y0vh76bM8i45C8rjTtKbzhrUs-MAUMFcXuzCqQp2juzRnUCJYEPmu3DnQBNVjL3H377EXsEhrnvrK2tmG__VHQ2EngKENoERwWAj6Q

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

Yeah, it’s a KC-135 block 45-ism. If I remember correctly (I fly the block 40, so doesn’t even have vnav), if you’re flying an approach in VNAV, you can only use it in day/VMC and you have to discontinue using VNAV at the final approach fix.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Bummer. But if you're doing stuff similar to what the CAP guys at March are doing, you're going to have a lot of fun and do some pretty cool stuff.