• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I just joined the Department of The Air Force as a GS in a pilot/flying role - I'm hoping my dorky Navy call sign will remain forever forgotten!
Just got orders to do an AF chamber ride - my last chamber ride from NAS P'cola during API somehow did not meet the AF recency standards!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Let me just pull my phone out...let's see...1-8-0-0-H-O-T-L-I-N-E.
What? I am amazed at the mission profiles we do with Turbocharged high performance GA aircraft - and lots of interagency DHS, FEMA, CBP, DOD and state level stuff. Its fascinating work. I'm no @HokiePilot as far as gift for english composition goes - but as I get my feet wet with the role I'll share my insights as a flying Department of The Air Force civilian. I report to an active duty AF O-5 C-17 pilot. After indoc I will head down to Maxwell AFB for IP school. But in addition to the flying there is a fair amount of Ops O work and budget work. Aircraft are all Cessna 182 and 206's with G1000NXi. Aircraft are wired for sensor pods. Just like any new job I'm in firehose mode, but its fun - been in selection process for last 4 months... I am enormously grateful!

A Delta Captain @mad dog flew with regularly and is a mutual friend helped me rush for the role - as a retired AF C141 pilot and did his retirement tour with CAP. He initially introduced me to the role and helped me with the application process. Relationships matter and I again am grateful for the connections.

The selection process was through AFPC and OPM on USAJOBS dot GOV... that was fairly involved and the timelines were fairly lengthy compared to the private sector.

Oh now I can relate to CAC enabled technology!

@mad dog took this rather unremarkable picture of my masked-up Post-COVID appointment/oath of office ceremony - they say that 99% of life is showing up and I was really happy to have my good friend there for my entry back into military service.

My new home:

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looking forward to hearing about the gig, especially the flying. Almost feel like your transition from GE engineer back to the GA cockpit and now this was kinda like NFO to airline pilot.