• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Navy Massive build up!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep - looks strikingly like the old Russian Yankee's and Delta's. I find it hard to believe that China would be influenced in any way by their old, cold war friends !!!

Or a George Washington, Lafayette, Le Redoutable or even a Resolution............:eek:

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
They --- the ChiComs --- the Chinese --- do not "think" like us nor do they look at our TO&E and wish and hope and plan their global ambitions accordingly ....

You cannot anticipate nor judge THEIR future actions, or their hundreds of years of history and "manifest destiny" mindset, when you apply Western-colored views to Chinese priorities and Chinese determination.

To do so is folly. It is a folly that we cannot afford.

My father, who was with the Marines during the Korean War, told me a little about the Chinese mindset. He told me about them attacking by sending out 1 rifle with 4 men. When the man with the rifle was hit one of the others would pick it up and continue with the attack and so on. They would send thousands of unarmed men to the front, each carrying a crate of supplies. When they got to the front, some were used to replace casualties, the rest got to go back and get another crate.

Well I'm not asking about a thrust south. I just want to know why they haven't tried to get Taiwan back.

Besides that though, would they actually gain anything from reclaiming Taiwan? Call me ignorant but it doesn't seem like it would be of much military importance, other than we have a presence there and can hit them back fast if they make any attack on us.

You're ignorant.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
You cannot anticipate nor judge THEIR future actions, or their hundreds of years of history and "manifest destiny" mindset, when you apply Western-colored views to Chinese priorities and Chinese determination.

Interesting that you used a 19th Century American Jacksonian term to describe the Chinese mindset. You are correct that ascribing a monolithic view to a billion plus people is a mistake.

on another note, 1+00 to the T-bar...;)