• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Navy Massive build up!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The Naval War College Review had an article on this very subject spring of 2006. I would post a link to it if the website was up. Not sure why its down, I think they may have quit putting their articles on the internet. The growing chinese navy is at least enough of a concern to make it on the War College radar. Anyone that has access to the Review should read the article if nothing else. This is a very complicated situation that is getting a lot of attention at the highest levels. One interesting fact about all this is that the chinese military is having a lot of problems not building ships, but developing the staff for a new fleet, and the article does point that fact out. Along with the fact that for a chinese junior officer the future does seem a lot brighter in the chinese navy than it did even a few years ago. The PLA Navy suffers from the same financial and political realities that plague our military ironically. There is a lot more to developing a capable war machine than building a few ships and planes, and the people that watch this the closest think there are reasons for pause, but we're probably not looking at some force about to wipe out half the world. If this interests you at all, try to get your hands on the spring 2006 Review.

Are you talking about this one: China's maturing navy

You can find Naval War College Review Articles Here

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
That'd be it. Thanks. I know they used to have the articles on the War College website, I think recently they pulled them off for whatever reason. Now I know where to find them again when I leave here. Much appriciated.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
That'd be it. Thanks. I know they used to have the articles on the War College website, I think recently they pulled them off for whatever reason. Now I know where to find them again when I leave here. Much appriciated.
Research Titan Rain: Highly applicable to this current topic. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to discuss it on Airwarriors...