• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Navy Massive build up!

Top_Gun_101

Fly GA
the chinese military is capable of sweeping across East and SE asia and up to Australia, i hope they're not as brutal as the Japs WWII military...
But this is not gonna happen anytime soon coz of U.S.

Rasczak

Marine
Besides that. I know that's a big part, but come on. They have more people a bigger country and more people. Not to mention all that Russian technology.

Top_Gun_101

Fly GA
the U.S. and china could also end up in a situation where both is afraid of retaliation so noone will use nukes against each other instead both sides will have a conventional warfare...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So does anyone have any answer besides "scare of US"

An answer to what? It's a rather ridiculous proposition (not Taiwan, but the whole WWII-like thrust south). You might as well ask what's keeping the Chinese from attacking the Sun. :rolleyes:

Brett

Rasczak

Marine
Well I'm not asking about a thrust south. I just want to know why they haven't tried to get Taiwan back.

Besides that though, would they actually gain anything from reclaiming Taiwan? Call me ignorant but it doesn't seem like it would be of much military importance, other than we have a presence there and can hit them back fast if they make any attack on us.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Cool, more targets.

I was out to dinner the other night, and I could not help but hear this rather heavy-set fellow declare knowingly to his companions that, "a single carrier group could sink the entire Chinese Navy in less than 20 minutes."

Now, I am far from a China-worrier, but I wasn't quite convinced of this gospel he was spewing...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
[Threadjack]
From the cover page of the Office of Naval S&T Strategic Plan... Looks like they can't wait for the Halo 3...
futurenavyzn1.png

Rasczak

Marine
right?!

I'd like to see that actually come to fruition. Reminds me of the Army combat uniform...you know the one from GRAW.

Lawman

None
Enough for them to get to Taiwan no?

This may be a bit off topic but, any speculation as to why they have not gone for it yet?

Yeah while putting their Carrier Group well within range of a very well trained and equiped Land Based Air Force. When you live on an Island you make sure you can conduct ASW/ASuW and the Taiwanese are definately not going to just roll over and take it if the ChiComs decide to come across the moat. Not to mention a Carrier with as limited an Airwing as the Kuznetstov type has is going to be little more then show against an Air Force of Modern Western Aircraft carrying Modern western Weapons. Not to mention the fact that they are assured mutual assistance in any such scenario by ourselves as well as other SEA forces.