• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BOQ REVIEW's

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Zab, you forgot the random spiders in the shower/on the crapper w/ you. Honestly, the 100+ degree heat in the room was the worst. I finally just went to the desk and said they either need to give me another room on the shady side or give me a non-availability. Sadly, they had another room (which of course didn't have a fan, so one was "acquired" from the old room).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I have stayed in wayyy too many Qs and Kbay's is the worst ....
One of our airline guys always amazed me ... a former AF weenie .... when commuting to HNL, he would rent a car and drive over to the Kaneohe Q to stay, instead of joining the rest of us commuters in the hotels in the flesh pots of Waikiki .... He did it for years .... he said he "saved a lot of money .... " :eek:

He must have gotten a really good deal on the rental car ... ??? :)

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
In my mind, the best ever was the Cubi BOQ, because what other BOQ offered perks like massages, CQ quals at the Ready Room bar, Cubi Dogs, Nuke specials, $3 per round golf, an awesome sunset view over the carrier pier to Grande Island and Viking Mountain, and Magsaysay street a short taxi ride away.

But since it is gone, I like Key West because of its location, Macdill AFB for accommodations and the proximity of Tampa Bay and the beaches, Fallon or Whidbey for the proximity of outdoor sports, and Fallon for craps at Mom's or a trek to Reno, Osan for cheap tennis shoes, and Misawa for all the round eye American school teachers based there.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
In my mind, the best ever was the Cubi BOQ...Key West because of its location....Whidbey for the proximity of outdoor sports, and Fallon for craps at Mom's or a trek to Reno, Osan for cheap tennis ....
Ditto on CUBI ... as it was not merely a BOQ ... it was a way of life.

BTW ... do any of you know from whence cometh its namesake, i.e., where in the P.I. is ... "CUBI"??? :)

dsc01921nd1.jpg

.... CUBI BOQ, poolside, back-in-the-day ...

ALSO ... when in Key West, stay at Trumbo Point BOQ and, of course, rent a car ... location, location, location ... when in S. Korea, check out 8th Army, Dragon Hill ... one of 'da best ... :)

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I just got back from SERE in Maine, and thought the Brusnwick Q was pretty nice. Granted, it was infintely better the night we returned from the field than before going out, but.... They just built a whole new bldg/Q complex a couple years ago. For $18 I got a queen bed, large room, nice hot shower, damn near full size fridge/freezer, microwave, and I think a 2 burner stove. TV was a little small, but there was a huge one in the common area above the lobby. The local taxi service drove right up to the door which made the nightly excursions into the happening metropolis of downtown Brusnwick easy. All in all a pretty nice one I thought.

The Whiting Q is pretty nice after its remodel, my dad got a 3 room suite there for my winging and he thought it was a good one.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
In my mind, the best ever was the Cubi BOQ, because what other BOQ offered perks like massages, CQ quals at the Ready Room bar, Cubi Dogs, Nuke specials, $3 per round golf, an awesome sunset view over the carrier pier to Grande Island and Viking Mountain, and Magsaysay street a short taxi ride away.

But since it is gone, I like Key West because of its location, Macdill AFB for accommodations and the proximity of Tampa Bay and the beaches, Fallon or Whidbey for the proximity of outdoor sports, and Fallon for craps at Mom's or a trek to Reno, Osan for cheap tennis shoes, and Misawa for all the round eye American school teachers based there.

Even the Russian ones are teachers? :icon_tong