• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boost 22FEB09

Stick

pilot
When I did my physical last year I had no problems with the depth perception test. I found all tests easy except one that I am pretty sure the doctor just made up. After my eyes were dilated, long story behind that but the doctor used way too many drops to do it. I couldn't see anything, everything was so blurry I had to be guided to the room where the doctor was. He then asked me to read the eye chart. When I laughed and said I couldn't because I couldn't see anything he got pissed at me. He went off on me and said I had horrible eye sight and would be pretty much blind by age 45-50. I asked him how he knew that and he said because I couldn't read the chart. I told him I believed it had to do with my eyes being dilated and not being able to see anything. He didn't agree. He then proceeded to tell my I would never fly anything for the military and would not be able to get eye surgery to correct the problem. Long story short, I looked at my physical paperwork and he didn't note any of that. Eye sight was 20/20. I had a second opinion by a civilian doctor and he said I had 20/10 vision after he did his own tests and reviewed that other doctors notes.

SkyBoundET2

wow... what a jerk... I didn't have any trouble with anything, except that i apparently have 20/20 "-3" vision. I missed 3 with each individual eye on the special vision test (where all the letters are the same size?), but i got 3 lines right with both eyes. When i went to turn my paperwork into the flight surgeon upstairs, he said to go back and tell them i need glasses. When i informed the lady at optometry thank i needed glasses, she went on a tangent about it was ludacris and my vision was perfect, and yadda, yadda, yadda. In the end, the Navy gave me a new fashion accessory...

haubby

None
Contributor
I would imagine they had already applied before the results were released.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
^ What he said.

I had my acceptance letter from the University of Kansas before the results were even out. Just trying to make things easier if I got picked up, one less thing to worry about. Did the same with the SNA physical. If you need/want your acceptance letter asap try calling your schools admissions office and explaining your situation. They might be able to expedite your application.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Does your family get to go to RI with you, if you are selected for BOOST?

They can but don't have to. Those of us that are going to BOOST will only be in RI for prob 5-6 months. My wife and I talked and we decided her and my son not going with me to RI would be better for us. 6 months isn't long enough for her to go to school (unless if she did online) or get a descent job (not McDonalds). The obvious downside is that we will be apart but they will be coming to see me as often as my liberty schedule and bank account allow. She will be moving back home to Kansas, where I will attend school after BOOST, and live with her mom. That way we can save money by not having to pay any rent and she can start school right away. There are pros and cons with both so do what is best with your situation.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
anyone else having trouble with their college getting a degree plan? I My ODU advisor told me to write up a sample one, so I did, and he just signed it, anyone know if P-cola will accept it? It has the college name, degree, and projected grad date, but isnt on college letter head? Perhaps a 08 selectee could shed some light. I faxed the one he signed to P-cola but they must have left work already at 2pm. The one my advisor signed does not look very professional or official at all, but he swears its what they normally do.

Stick

pilot
I thought the same thing last year, but they do accept ones that look like you just made it up. That is in fact what we did. The LT's said it would work, and it did. Don't worry about it. As long as it has everything that is required on it (expected grad date, name, signature, etc) you should be fine.

SkywardET

Contrarian
I modeled mine after the sample one available from the document on the STA-21 site. I am having trouble getting in touch with certain people at OU to get it signed, so I am trying to get my own mother to do some groundwork.

k_smittay

Your degree plans

When I did my degree plan, I was surprised at how little I had to do for it. Just fill one out the best you can, make sure you include everything you need for your major and the Navy. Call an advisor at the school of your choice, explain the situation to them, then they will have you fax/e-mail it to them. They will sign it and send it back to you. EASY as that. Pensacola will accept it. They just want a warm fuzzy that you will be able to complete your degree req's in the amount of time they give you. Don't lose sleep over your degree plan, It really is cake.

:icon_wink

SkyBoundET2

ok, have my SNA physical complete, and am waiting on my acceptance letter, but how do i go about mailing my physical paperwork in? Does there have to be an attached document, or do i just throw it in an envelope and send it off to OD2? I was going to try to get personnel to mail it for me. save some pennies on postage and all that. has anyone else done that?