• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boost 22FEB09

Doc White

FY09 Pilot Selectee
Does anyone know if we have a "break" between BOOST and NSI? According to the website, we are set to graduate May 15th and I have good friends getting married in California May 16th. I am debating if is worth it to fly over for a few days. Thanks.

Navy_Brat_AT

:confused:Hey guys, I am finding it really hard to get these colleges to aprove an acceptance letter so soon! What should i do?! Texas A&M is being very Cooperative but The University of Texas MIGHT not be able to. I have had to apply to the "cross-street" college Huston-Tillotson. From there they are saying I can transfer. AHHHH!!!! I am loosing my mind! tell me i am not the only one in this position.:confused:

Stick

pilot
:confused:Hey guys, I am finding it really hard to get these colleges to aprove an acceptance letter so soon! What should i do?! Texas A&M is being very Cooperative but The University of Texas MIGHT not be able to. I have had to apply to the "cross-street" college Huston-Tillotson. From there they are saying I can transfer. AHHHH!!!! I am loosing my mind! tell me i am not the only one in this position.:confused:

I know you are stressed out and want to get all your shit in on time, but don't post the same thing in three different threads. You question will be answered.:(

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

HTU is a fairly decent school too. Many of our OCs and MECEPs enjoy going there.

SkyBoundET2

i'm getting a little stressed out from looking at this thread. i'm still applying to 2 of my colleges, and it seems like everyone else is already done. i know i have until md-
march, but is anyone else still working on a college? the essay is what's giving me trouble. GA tech apparently only looks at high-school performance, and mine was less than incredible, so i'm really trying to rock the essay... i guess it's a really hard school to get into as a freshman, but it's where i want to go. any advice???

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Essay??

i'm getting a little stressed out from looking at this thread. i'm still applying to 2 of my colleges, and it seems like everyone else is already done. i know i have until md-
march, but is anyone else still working on a college? the essay is what's giving me trouble. GA tech apparently only looks at high-school performance, and mine was less than incredible, so i'm really trying to rock the essay... i guess it's a really hard school to get into as a freshman, but it's where i want to go. any advice???

If you are doing an essay it must be for scholarship purposes. I didn't have to do an essay for the Univ of Kansas, nor did any of the schools that I was considering applying to require them either. I had the chance to do an essay but it was for scholarship consideration only. If you are worried about expediting the acceptance letter perhaps just focus on that aspect now and worry about the FAFSA, grants, loans, etc later. I lucked out with my school. The acceptance process was fast and the tuition for a 15 hour semester is just under 4K, no loans or FA for me. If your potential school costs more than the money STA gives us then I see why you are working on a essay. Good luck!

Stick

pilot
I lucked out with my school. The acceptance process was fast and the tuition for a 15 hour semester is just under 4K, no loans or FA for me.

You will still pay some money out of pocket if your tuition is just under $4k. Remember you have to have books for classes, but that won't be too bad. I only payed about $600 myself for books. I think it is worth it no matter how much money it costs.

Navy_Brat_AT

Well,
Not to worry, I am still waiting on word from my colleges to get back to me. I finished up with all of my paperwork about a week and a half ago and I check about once a week with Texas A&M, UT, and Huston-Tillotson just to see how things are going. Also to see if they need anything else from me. I also have finished my Physical and from what I am told, it's all just a waiting game. So my advice is to keep applying to your colleges, complete that physical, and just wait it out. Have a good Thanksgiving.

AT2 Jones

napster21

ET2, I applied to several schools that required essays and in some cases more than one. Personally, I found it useful to write about my time in the Navy and how it has shaped my view of the world, giving me greater maturity and perspective. I've spent a lot of time overseas, so I tried to include those experiences and stressed that I would be adding to the diversity of the school because of them. Remember, very few high school seniors have seen the world in the way most sailors have, so try to use that as a leg up.

SkyBoundET2

good, good, good advice- thanks guys. GA Tech does require an essay just for admission, but hopefully because i speak a lot about how the navy has inspired me to do great things, they will recognize that i am not the typical freshman. thanks for the support!!! :)

SkyBoundET2

so what's the plan for dinner/drinks the weekend before 22Feb BOOST/NSI starts? The other selectee from my ship is starting NSI then and he's inetersted too.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
so what's the plan for dinner/drinks the weekend before 22Feb BOOST/NSI starts? The other selectee from my ship is starting NSI then and he's inetersted too.

There are a few of us meeting planning on meeting at the "E" Club. This way it's a short walk back for the ones who drink and it eliminates the DUI issue. Some are showing up Fri and some on Sat.

With December already here work is almost over. I'm taking X-mas leave, followed by house hunting leave, then 30 days of transfer leave. In between the leave periods I will be checking out assuming I get my orders prior to Feb 21.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Still waiting on NOMI and my school status to change from "not viewed" so I can be assigned to the ROTC unit. At this rate I probably won't be in the first group of orders that get requested. Awesome!!

I remember somebody mentioning that there is a list of NKO courses we are required to do. I've found the website in the past and remember reading through the list but can't find it now. The Officer Training Command website has changed and a few of the buttons still don't work. I believe this is where I found it last time. Anybody know where a list of these courses are and when they are due by.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
The list of courses used to be on the old version of the site. I cannot find it anywhere else either. I think this means we either do it at NSI or sometime in transition to the university. I already did mine on watch like in July, so hopefully I did not do that for the hell of it.

Navy_Brat_AT

There are a few of us meeting planning on meeting at the "E" Club. This way it's a short walk back for the ones who drink and it eliminates the DUI issue. Some are showing up Fri and some on Sat.

With December already here work is almost over. I'm taking X-mas leave, followed by house hunting leave, then 30 days of transfer leave. In between the leave periods I will be checking out assuming I get my orders prior to Feb 21.

well, ill be there!!

AT2 Jones