• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boost 22FEB09

Stick

pilot
So the list of things to do is:
1) Get physical
2) Apply and get Letter of Acceptance to an NROTC affiliated college
3) Get degree plan
4) Mail them all in

Is this really all?

Yes. I was very paranoid that I would miss something so I continually reread the NAVADMIN results at the bottom where it tells you what to do, and I checked the STA-21 website a lot.

Stick

pilot
Yes... I am applying to A&M and UT

Be prepared to not get an acceptance letter from UT until you are in RI. At that point you can request an ORDMOD if you wish to go to UT. If you fall under the 10% law then you are guaranteed acceptance, otherwise you have to meet all other acceptance criteria.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I will be going to BOOST along with you guys. Look forward to seeing you all there!

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Also I noticed that if you go to the BOOST website there are quite a few e-learning courses that you must do. Mainly PFM and GMT stuff.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I am also attending BOOST. The only downside of BOOST for me is that I lose that Summer semester. I turn 24 this Feb and will turn 27 prior to the full 3 years of allowed school is up. Losing that semester costs me my engineering degree. Some previous selects have said the month-to-month age waiver up to 29 automatically took effect for them but some have said (which the instruction also says) it needs to be requested in package. I might email/call STA and verify which because I won't be able to submit an accurate degree plan until I know.

SkyBoundET2, you said you are coming from VA. Do you plan on driving? I am driving from Maryland so if you need, or want, a ride I am sure we can arrange something. Norfolk is only 3-4 hours from where I am stationed. Or anybody else who wants a ride that is close let me know.

haubby

None
Contributor
Age waivers are automatic up to 29. Don't sweat it. Plan and enjoy your three years.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Same question here...any gouge?

Ryan-If you stop in OKC let me know. I might catch a ride with you. I'll be taking leave in Missouri.

I am not going to BOOST but will be going to NSI on the 22FEB and am leaving from southwest missouri and I am driving...if your interested just let me know

murph0307

FY-09 STA-21 Pilot Select!!
I must just be underinformed on this stuff. How is everyone finding out about boost and NSI already.......orders? I was just told I was selected, nothing else.

Stick

pilot
Some previous selects have said the month-to-month age waiver up to 29 automatically took effect for them but some have said (which the instruction also says) it needs to be requested in package. I might email/call STA and verify which because I won't be able to submit an accurate degree plan until I know.

You should be able to log into the STA-21 website and it will tell you when you have to graduate by. Last year mine told me I only had two years to graduate because I am getting "old".

BrickNole

pilot
Don't wait til the last minute to complete the required NKO courses for BOOST/NSI found on the Officer Training Command website. We gotta print out a certificate when we're done and I assume give it to instructors when we arrive in Newport. There's also a bunch of memorization stuff. https://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/
Good FAQ section as well.

Anyone else having a hard time picking a degree?