• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boost 22FEB09

SkyBoundET2

I'll be at BOOST, but i'm just coming from VA. I haven't been able to gather the verdict on the BAH thing... I'm married, so i'll be keeping my BAH, but do i have to move my husband up there, or will i be allowed to do a geo-bachelor type thing and stay at the barracks?

sw09

I'll be at BOOST, but i'm just coming from VA. I haven't been able to gather the verdict on the BAH thing... I'm married, so i'll be keeping my BAH, but do i have to move my husband up there, or will i be allowed to do a geo-bachelor type thing and stay at the barracks?

Same question here...any gouge?

Ryan-If you stop in OKC let me know. I might catch a ride with you. I'll be taking leave in Missouri.

CTT1 D

ENS D

You may leave your family and geo bach in the barracks if you like. You will receive Newport BAH.
You will not receive BAS.

Seabee74

Ill be there...Im trying to get a few facts straight....If we class up for BOOST 22FEB that means we wont start school until the fall semester right? Because when we finish BOOST in May we will have to start NSI in the summer....am I pretty close here or way off?

wrecklessfool

just slackin...
If you are on the fence about bringing your car to NSI or BOOST, I would recommend doing it. It's nice to be able to leave some of your belongings in your car since you don't have much storage space while at NSI. And having a car is a good thing in NSI when the liberty rolls around. There's nothing worse than being able to finally leave...and not having a way to get off base. I brought my car last year and would do it again in a heartbeat. Only thing is that since you have to park by the water and your car sits unattended for ~5 weeks, the seagulls will sh!t ALL over it...and possibly drop oyster shells on it. For some of you this may not matter, but it was an issue for me. I just bought a nice car cover and called it a day.:D

wrecklessfool

just slackin...
Ill be there...Im trying to get a few facts straight....If we class up for BOOST 22FEB that means we wont start school until the fall semester right? Because when we finish BOOST in May we will have to start NSI in the summer....am I pretty close here or way off?

exactly right...the Feb NSIers will start school in the summer session and the BOOST guys start Fall

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
Ill be there...what are you going to be doing to prepare for the BOOST? Have you written colleges yet?

I've applied to SDSU, Cal State San Marcos, Univ of Maryland and Univ of Tampa.

Not much else to prepare for Boost, I beat myself at PT so NSI should be a breeze.

Anything we should be doing besides applying and getting the degree plan? My physical is done.

SkyBoundET2

So the list of things to do is:
1) Get physical
2) Apply and get Letter of Acceptance to an NROTC affiliated college
3) Get degree plan
4) Mail them all in

Is this really all?