• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boost 22FEB09

flyn707

What rocker are you guys going to have on your winter blues. I still have old commands. Any thoughts? Do we even have to have a rocker?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I'm wearing my old commands rocker. I don't see them making us change rockers for 3 months of school but with the Navy nothing is for sure.

0812GM, from what I've read it doesn't sound like to many of us are bringing our families to Rhode Island. It was a hard decision for my wife and I to make but our situation worked better because she (and my son) will be living with her mom where I will be starting school in the Fall. 6 months of Newort BAH with no rent/utilities will help pay off some current debt.

So... Party at your place? Your house means you don't have to buy the beer. :icon_zbee

SandSailor

thats a plus to the black and tans... no rockers... no sewing at all

Thats what I'm showing up in...but i'm bringing everything just in case. I think I need to find a few more rockers.... :-(

Or do you even have to have rockers??? hum... anyone know?

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
All weater is cheaper and a lot more useful in cold and rain, which given the time of year is very likely for Newport.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
So... Party at your place? Your house means you don't have to buy the beer. :icon_zbee

Sounds like a plan! Who knows my place might end up being a home away from home for all you "homeless" folks who just want to kick back, drink a few beers, and have a good meal from time to time.

flyn707

So what do you think boost is going to be like? Do you think we are going to be in the books the whole time? Do you guys think we will time after class to do what we want like work out, play games, etc? Sorry guys just getting a little nervous, I have never transfered before and it feels weird to start all over again in the unknown.....

AC1 FlyAlot

Sounds like a plan! Who knows my place might end up being a home away from home for all you "homeless" folks who just want to kick back, drink a few beers, and have a good meal from time to time.

Just make sure you run this by the wife! Don't want all the "homeless" folks showing up and being turned away from the soup kitchen! :eek:

AC1 FlyAlot

So what do you think boost is going to be like? Do you think we are going to be in the books the whole time? Do you guys think we will time after class to do what we want like work out, play games, etc? Sorry guys just getting a little nervous, I have never transfered before and it feels weird to start all over again in the unknown.....

I think BOOST is going to be very similar to "A" school. We marched to class marched to chow, marched back to class, marched home and then were done until the following morning unless we had to field day the barracks. I think we'll definitely have to study - as we did in "A" school but I really don't think it will be all too crazy. I may be sadly mistaken and in for a big surprise but I'm not really sweating over it. I think we'll all be just fine.

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
So all of you going to Boost will be in the May NSI right? if so I will be in NSI with you. Fun stuff, I will get to be the "new girl" since you will all have been together for months by then.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
I think BOOST is going to be very similar to "A" school. We marched to class marched to chow, marched back to class, marched home and then were done until the following morning unless we had to field day the barracks. I think we'll definitely have to study - as we did in "A" school but I really don't think it will be all too crazy. I may be sadly mistaken and in for a big surprise but I'm not really sweating over it. I think we'll all be just fine.

that's just about right.

Surfer727

Anyone arriving at the airport on the 18th? I'm Looking for someone to ride to OTC with (split cab/shuttle). If so PM me.

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
BOOST check in time?

The original set of orders I received from my previous commands admin showed. NET 20FEB0700 and NLT 20FEB0900. My Bupers orders do not show any time required. Anyone elses orders have a time required? I'm in the middle of a Drive from Sacramento, CA. (Currently an hour outside Chicago)

fal09

The original set of orders I received from my previous commands admin showed. NET 20FEB0700 and NLT 20FEB0900. My Bupers orders do not show any time required. Anyone elses orders have a time required? I'm in the middle of a Drive from Sacramento, CA. (Currently an hour outside Chicago)

Yes mine say the same thing. I will not arrive in Ri until around 1000pm so it is going to be a long couple of days but owell. It will be worth it. I plan stamping in around 8 in the morning myself.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I will be there around the same time as well. Does anyone know where exactly we need to go to check in on base?