• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best places to wear a uniform...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^And Brett, I can take whatever you dish out. (not to sound dirty...:icon_tong ) But the question is can you take it?? ^^ I know thats your kind of gal.

What I'm wondering is how many tubs of Betty Crocker chocolate frosting she can smear into her fat folds. :D

Brett

Fred

Jen, you have a point, and I didn't mean for this to be a "pile on the wife/GF for making a post in the public forums"... I guess, even re-reading the first post, that I didn't take this thread that way. Especially in light of how the poster asked to keep it "friendly"... And the majority of the responses have been involved with the public taking care of the military while we are dressed in our best.

I took locals to mean the local civilian population in general.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
So I know this is an old thread, but it leads me to a question which I have, is it always ok to drink in uniform as long as you dont disgrace it? I just got commissioned last week, and I'm proud to go out in uniform when I go home, but want to make sure I don't do something wrong too quickly...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I know this is an old thread, but it leads me to a question which I have, is it always ok to drink in uniform as long as you dont disgrace it? I just got commissioned last week, and I'm proud to go out in uniform when I go home, but want to make sure I don't do something wrong too quickly...

Absolutely, drink up! As you said, just don't do anything too outlandish - that kind of behavior requires a flight suit. ;) Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Brett

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Absolutely, drink up! As you said, just don't do anything too outlandish - that kind of behavior requires a flight suit. ;)

Brett
Concur, plus its great when ppl are buying you and your friends drinks when you are in uniform... but, as you mentioned, just don't be an idiot and get trashed in your uniform, last thing you need is a D&D from the local Barney Fifes, or a DUI to start your career off with!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Best place to wear a uniform? Uh...duh....my bedroom, right before....ah well, nevermind

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Are there any specific cities to avoid? I know I'm a LOOOONG way away from wearing a uniform, but I was curious if I came back to socal after (hypothetically of course) commissioning, is LA the place to wear a uniform out? San Francisco?

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
We had to wear a uniform once a week while I did AFROTC (the BDUs were definitely the best, I really did not like the Blues). I wore them at various campuses (mostly at UCLA), and around various cities while on the way to training stuff. Never had any bad experiences except for at UCI and UCLA, were my buddy and I caught our fair share of Baby Killer/No Blood For Oil propaganda. I imagine around here the uniform won't help you with chicks much, as most of them probably are in a draw between liking a man in uniform and hating anything not extremely liberal.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I like wearing mine to Brett's mom's house... er, that's PG-13 right?

A uniform in P-Cola worked out better than i expected. Of course it was just weeks after 9/11 and I was still in OCS so i had to wear a uniform.

I've found very few people, even here in the PNW, who are not immediatley impressed that you're in the service. People like to see their men and women who serve in uniform. I enjoy seeing people in uniform too, regardless of the service they are in, the military is a brother/sisterhood that is very unique.

I've never gone out back home in uniform, but I did fly home on an airliner in my blues. Though it was only a two hour flight I had the stews fawning over me, attending to my every need - was pretty cool. Oh yeah, got bumped up to first class too! The TSA guys didn't bother me as much at the airport too but I think they thought I was an airline pilot.