• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best places to wear a uniform...

Junior

pilot
If you travel on the Metra train in Chicago you can get half priced fare if you are in uniform. I wasn't in uniform but the conductor still gave the wife and I half price. Also, using a military ID in Chicago will get you 2-for-1 drinks from a lot of bartenders.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like wearing mine to Brett's mom's house... er, that's PG-13 right?

If the sight of 65 year old tang makes you frisky, then who am I to get in the way of a good time. As I once said to the JOs in my readyroom, "You guys are great. If I has a sister, you could all fvck her." :D

Brett

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Travelling in uniform has its perks.

Definitely, flying home the other day at least 6 Army guys in uniform on my flight got bumped up to first class. Almost made me wish I'd brought some khakis. While I'm thinking of it, I'll also put in praise for the USO at the Dallas airport. Spent about 6 hours there in the course of my holiday travel, great folks at least 5 of whom volunteered to spend part of their Christmas Day there.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea I think I remember you saying something about your dress blue top with no pants on...:D

vomit-67.jpg

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea I think I remember you saying something about your dress blue top with no pants on...:D
No, that was my choker whites top and it was with my underwear on. It was so my daughter would have that image burned into her skull and the thought of even dating a sailor would cause her to immediately want to vomit.

OldNavy

I didn't know they still issued uniforms to officers.... I though you just wore flight suits all the time.... :icon_smil

I think that any airshow is a good place for a uniform, especially a "small" or "midwest" town. I did an airshow at the Redding Airport in Northern California once; They picked us up in a limo and put us up in a hotel. Every night the parties were great. I don't think I spent one cent in three days.

Ocean Venture 1986.

Liberty call in Miami.

Skipper (Tom Hayden) called for dress whites first day in port.

You could hear the wailling and gnashing of teeth throughout the ship.

Got to Miami, and you couldn't buy a drink if you wanted to!

90% of the crew wore whites the remaining 3 days.

fudog50

Mount Vernon, Washington. Nothing but respect and admonishions that make you proud. Small Towns all over the country.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Mount Vernon, Washington. Nothing but respect and admonishions that make you proud. Small Towns all over the country.

Really, I lived there for about a year, but never went out in uniform...guess I missed out? :)