• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best places to wear a uniform...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
The Blue Dolphin is a bar in Oak Harbor - nothing special. Generally a TED bar, but it can be fun once in a while. Most of the cooler places where Os hang are in Anacortes.

Brett

Second that...I lived off of 30th street for about 2 years and then off of Skyline for 3. Brown lantern hot wings cannot be beat, and their IPA was some of the best. Rockfish grill has amazing fish and chips, and just about everything on the menu is first rate. The rockfish would also host live music (blues/jazz) several nights a week. A favorite pastime for a friend and myself was Island hopping through the San Juans in a 172. I would highly recommend the Downrigger cafe in Friday Harbor.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Second that...I lived off of 30th street for about 2 years and then off of Skyline for 3. Brown lantern hot wings cannot be beat, and their IPA was some of the best. Rockfish grill has amazing fish and chips, and just about everything on the menu is first rate. The rockfish would also host live music (blues/jazz) several nights a week. A favorite pastime for a friend and myself was Island hopping through the San Juans in a 172. I would highly recommend the Downrigger cafe in Friday Harbor.

Concur w/ all except Friday Harbor. I might still be on the PNG list of a couple of those bars. ;)

Brett

helo_wifey

Mefesto said:
She's got you totally snowed... chump. There is no such thing.

Thats right, its all part of my evil plan. I lured my husband, and now I'm movin on. Its my secret plot to get Brett to take a wife. So far my charms have only worked on his minions, but he'll turn....muahahaha. :icon_smil

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thats right, its all part of my evil plan. I lured my husband, and now I'm movin on. Its my secret plot to get Brett to take a wife. So far my charms have only worked on his minions, but he'll turn....muahahaha. :icon_smil

You're going to have to do better than that. :D

Brett

helo_wifey

Is THAT what they call it nowdays ??? ... you kids.

Lol...apparently. And goods/goodies...all the same.

Though I was going to throw this out there....

I just got done sending hubby his last boxes before cruise ends, and I've got a lot of free time before I start back to work. I was going to offer care packages to single guys on here who wanted them. If you're interested send me a pm, and I'll get a small box out to you. :)

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

For those of you AW's that are trying to convince Brett to settle down, I would wait until he is out of the single guy paradise...college on full 0-3E salary. :tongue2_1

KSUFLY

pilot
Lol...apparently. And goods/goodies...all the same.

Though I was going to throw this out there....

I just got done sending hubby his last boxes before cruise ends, and I've got a lot of free time before I start back to work. I was going to offer care packages to single guys on here who wanted them. If you're interested send me a pm, and I'll get a small box out to you. :)

What's in these care packages???

JustAGuy

pilot
I wore my blues to a funeral in MountVernan (about 45 minutes from OakHarbor). That morning we went to a restaurant for breakfast and people were getting up to shake my hand as I walked out. Later I stopped at Starbucks and a lady offered to pay for my coffee.

After I got commisioned I was stashed at school for five months and became the helper to the CACO for our ROTC unit. I have to say that the four funerals that I participated and the words that are so hard to say still stand out as the most honored I have been in my still short career. People I have never met, nor will ever meet again where so utterly thankful for what we did it definitely showed me what I was becoming a part of.

That being said, to go with the thread topic, anywhere that isn't overly liberal, or rife with military life usually won't be too bad. Dinning outs can be a lot of fun when you get away from where you work and invade a town dressed to the nines with the wives and significant others getting a chacne to join in.

And further more, Quebec was a great place to be seen in unifrom, especially standing next to t ajet and getting treated like royalty:icon_smil

helo_wifey

What's in these care packages???

My husband gets the good stuff, i.e. psp games, stuff for his comp., naked pics (j/k), you know the drill...

But I've already got one taker.

My specialties are:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brownies/Blonde Brownies
Toffee
Muffins

You name it I bake it. No artificial ingrediants, and all made from scratch. I don't even use imitation vanilla.

And the reason I'm not sending anymore to my hubby is that he's almost done with cruise, and I just sent 4 boxes of stuff to him last week, enough to last until he comes home. And I don't like to bake for just myself because then I'd be 800lbs of helo_wifey, and that just doesn't sit well on a 5'2" frame.

funny_fat_women_021.jpg

^^And Brett, I can take whatever you dish out. (not to sound dirty...:icon_tong ) But the question is can you take it?? ^^ I know thats your kind of gal.