• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best places to wear a uniform...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
We all know some places are better to be seen in uniform than others. What are some experiences you've had or places you've been where the locals were particularly receptive to guys in uniform? Please keep it PG-13 out of respect for the "significant others" on this forum. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
We all know some places are better to be seen in uniform than others. What are some experiences you've had or places you've been where the locals were particularly receptive to guys in uniform? ...
Clint Eastwood bought the four of us a drink at the lobby bar @ the Fairmont Hotel, SFO, just after making some of his Spaghetti Westerns.

SFO_FAIR-loung-1.jpg
fairmont-hotel-san-francisco.jpg
san-francisco-hotels-fairmont.jpg

He was just passing through ... saw us sitting there in our pitiful Midshipman suits with woeful faces, came over and said: "HEY! I'll buy the Navy a drink". Chatted for a few minutes, paid the bill and left.

It wasn't a woman, but it was still O.K. .... :)

GMan1976

Banned
Def NOT in Georgetown (DC) after a Navy Ball. Was a new Ensign with my LT buddy and our dates. Some drunk leftist protester wannabe chick in Garrett's tried to rip the medals off our chests and called us "baby killers". We asked the bartender to toss her out and he did.... and bought us a drink too. We hoped that would be the only time we received neg treatment that night, but it happened at least twice more (although, we did also get bought a bunch of drinks too, but they seemed more like "apology" drinks from the bar staff)...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
4th of July parade at Bristol, RI...
Very friendly locals.
A few buddies of mine in NSI went to club Rhino in civillian clothes and were not getting noticed. When the got a wild hair and changed into summer whites and came back, the very same girls that weren't interested were suddenly infatuated!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You know, this brings up a good point. One of things that is great about the Navy and Marines, is the partying you can go out and have with your buds in the wardroom. I never could understand the guys (and wives) in the wardroom that didn't want to go to the Navy Ball, or out on the town. You get a good group together, the wives and girlfriends all dressed up and looking good, have the pre-party, be that unruly JO table in the corner that all the O4s and above WISH they were sitting at, and then of course roll out of there and hit some bar or something. Pick any hotel in downtown Waikiki, if I was wearing my uniform, I wasn't buying drinks.... good times.

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
This is such a sad post. That's all I have to say. Pick a girl.. stick with her. Don't use your uniform to get as many as you can.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is such a sad post. That's all I have to say. Pick a girl.. stick with her. Don't use your uniform to get as many as you can.
Jen, you lost me on this one. How is it "sad" to go out in town when the timing/situation/circumstances dictate it? You have countless ppl in the civilian world wearing their powersuits and other crap, why can't we in the military go out once in a blue moon, or in a foreign port in our BEST? I mean, we all worked harder than the average "bear" or civilian to get to wear that uniform and those WINGS OF GOLD, the single JO would be a fool not to enjoy the "little" benefits that you can get out of it!! ESPECIALLY in Australia :D

GMan1976

Banned

Um... of all the posts written in this thread, only ONE even mentions "picking up a girl". Most are about the locals being receptive and buying us drinks...

Sounds like you have some issues...

...besides, it's easy for you out there in Kentucky... you just get paired up with your brother. ;)

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
I just think it's sad for someone to start a thread asking how to use their uniform to get women. That's all. I agree that you all have worked a lot harder to get into your uniform.. I agree with that a 100%. I am not saying you don't deserve any "perks." I am just saying I think it's sad for someone to start a thread on how to use their uniform to get those perks.

GMan1976

Banned
I just think it's sad for someone to start a thread asking how to use their uniform to get women. That's all. I agree that you all have worked a lot harder to get into your uniform.. I agree with that a 100%. I am not saying you don't deserve any "perks." I am just saying I think it's sad for someone to start a thread on how to use their uniform to get those perks.

I guess the KY school system is behind in their "reading comprehension" program... read the first post. WHERE DOES IT EVEN MENTION "HOW TO
USE A UNIFORM TO GET WOMEN"????????????

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
The thread was started with the intention of getting women.
"locals being receptive to guys in uniform"
That's what I was refering to. If you want to use your uniform to get a drink.. by all means.