• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Our navy squadron wears WWII patches on Thursday’s, and some have a pen pocket flag from home state hidden under the flap.

Completely unrelated, almost none of the JOs rock the cover dip. Maybe it’s because we are MPRA and generally don’t care, or because ballcaps are more common.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Our navy squadron wears WWII patches on Thursday’s, and some have a pen pocket flag from home state hidden under the flap.

Completely unrelated, almost none of the JOs rock the cover dip. Maybe it’s because we are MPRA and generally don’t care, or because ballcaps are more common.

As a fellow MPRA guy, the rumblings I’ve heard from my fellow JOs about the cover dip is “That’s a Jet thing. We don’t do that.” Which I emphatically disagree with. The cover dip is aviation tradition, which I feel all communities should embrace.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
As a fellow MPRA guy, the rumblings I’ve heard from my fellow JOs about the cover dip is “That’s a Jet thing. We don’t do that.” Which I emphatically disagree with. The cover dip is aviation tradition, which I feel all communities should embrace.

Your MPRA JO friends are wrong, but you should never expect otherwise out of the flying SWOs.

Pags

N/A
pilot
@Griz882 tried to derail the discussion to the Spice Girls but you guys just kinda picked up the whole train and put it down somewhere else.
There's always a few hidden Dune fans you can depend on to rise to the occasion.

And some VP and VAQ nerds to try and take back the thread arguing about who has a real jet.

Which what animals talk about. Humans talk about Dune.

Last edited:

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Well all sorts of new guidance for us folks in AF land:

View attachment 29787

Oh, Morale... Just two cents, from Y.N. Harari about military habit rooted in XVII century:

"Sometimes officers were forced to recognize that the soldiers’ experience was important, because it influenced their behavior and their obedience. However, officers did so grudgingly, subsuming the soldiers’ experiences under the ubiquitous term “morale.” The term “morale” was used – and is still used – as a means to avoid any serious discussion of the soldiers’ inner experience of war. It lumped together all kinds of feelings – from hunger and fear of punishment to camaraderie and religious enthusiasm – and evaluated them by the single yardstick of whether they increased or decreased obedience. The focus on obedience was so strong, that morale often came to be a synonym for obedience, which in turn was viewed as an almost infallible guarantee of victory. If the army was obedient, and if the army won a victory, it invariably indicated that the soldiers’ morale was high. If the army was disobedient, and if the army lost a battle, then unless the army suffered from overwhelming material disadvantages, it always indicated that the soldiers’ morale was low. Using circular logic, defeat was proof of low morale, which in turn was used to explain the defeat. I do not recall ever reading about an army with a low morale that won a victory. The possibility that soldiers might have very depressing experiences while winning a great victory was of absolutely no significance to the instrumental story of war." (c) Yuval Noah Harari , Battlefield Revelations and the Making of Modern War Culture, 1450–2000, issued 2008

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Refusing to dip the cover . . . scared to call a jet aircraft "a jet . . ." Y'all really are strange folks over on the other side of the flightline. :)
Referance to "the jet" is an Air Force thing and should be avoided as surely as "beast mode". In airline flying only "that guy" refered to an airliner as "the jet".

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Referance to "the jet" is an Air Force thing and should be avoided as surely as "beast mode". In airline flying only "that guy" refered to an airliner as "the jet".
A few years ago I met an Air Force stud who referred to their T-6A as “the jet”. I initially thought he was talking about the T-38, but I was sadly mistaken. ?