• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To date I also doubt I would have passed API if it wasn't for my friends and study groups and also thanks to instructors who knew how to emphasize important points.

Can you get virtual footstomping?
I’m envisioning a mod for Teams that adds a Monty Python-style foot next to the “raise hand” button . . .

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Have you never heard of Bronies? Do you even internet?

My Little Pony was (is?) wildly popular outside of it's target audience of girls. Hence Brony for the dudes who are into it. They have conventions and what not.

I’ve heard of the pervs that lust over My Little Pony but didn’t know that they were called Bronies or that it is a common IT guy fetish.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
IT folks who don't focus on customer service are doing themselves and their firm a disservice.

No better early warning network than users who trust you to promptly and courteously handle their issues.

BravoBeach

pilot
Question: What boots are necessary for a new ensign reporting for NIFE?

Brown steel toe boots? Coyote, Tan, Black? How many pairs.
Any recommendations on brand? Belleville good to go?
Is there an essential non-issued gear list?

Thanks.

hdr777

pilot

Thanks.

They give you boots. Don't buy your own

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Only people in the VP community I've seen with red wings are occasional O-4's and up at 30 and the wing. Never had a problem with the free Belleville's with personally bought insoles. Could always be worse i.e. bates.

In flight school I'd advise standing out from the pack by your grades, not uniforms and trying to look cool. That being said I would love a better pair of brown shoes for khakis but never shelled out for the allen edmonds (leeds I think).

FinkUFreaky

pilot

Thanks.
Unless IFS has changed severely, you'll be flying in civvies. You get your boots after API. Don't be rolling up to the Cessna-172 in civvies and brown flight boots....

hdr777

pilot
Unless IFS has changed severely, you'll be flying in civvies.