• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Well then... It's certainly changed!

Do they issue the brown boots before hand along with the flight suits? If so wear them, if not be lame with your black boots. I'd second the rec for a pair of redwings later down the line, but not as a flight stud, at least until you go to T-45 land.

Edit: too bad the cropping in this photo doesn't answer the question

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Interesting - former CAP 172...
SKYWARRIOR FLIGHT TRAINING INC

Shows a pending N Number change to N787NF (for NIFE?)

rymo96

Well then... It's certainly changed!

Do they issue the brown boots before hand along with the flight suits? If so wear them, if not be lame with your black boots. I'd second the rec for a pair of redwings later down the line, but not as a flight stud, at least until you go to T-45 land.

Edit: too bad the cropping in this photo doesn't answer the question
Belleville brown flight boots are issued with flight suits when you class up for NIFE ground school/academics portion.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Fear is the mind killer.

COVID messing with the Dune movie is hot bullshit. Thanks a lot, China.
Yeah, we finally get a serious attempt at a Dune movie and this is what happens? And they were going to put it out on HBOMAX but I think that died. I'll pay the cost of two movie tickets to watch it from my couch with a bourbon. Shit, make it three tickets for the gas money I save.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, we finally get a serious attempt at a Dune movie and this is what happens? And they were going to put it out on HBOMAX but I think that died. I'll pay the cost of two movie tickets to watch it from my couch with a bourbon. Shit, make it three tickets for the gas money I save.

Right? I would pay 40 bucks to buy it outright the day it came out and watch it from the comfort of my basement. Popcorn machine: check. Bourbon: check. Bose surround sound: check.

not having to smuggle airplane bottles in your wife's purse and Uber home? Priceless.

And I wouldn't call the 80s movie or even the syfy series unserious, just constrained by the times. I am glad to see it get its due, but i think a lot of people will see it and think it's riffing on things like Star Wars/GOT, when it's quite the opposite.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Right? I would pay 40 bucks to buy it outright the day it came out and watch it from the comfort of my basement. Popcorn machine: check. Bourbon: check. Bose surround sound: check.

not having to smuggle airplane bottles in your wife's purse and Uber home? Priceless.

And I wouldn't call the 80s movie or even the syfy series unserious, just constrained by the times. I am glad to see it get its due, but i think a lot of people will see it and think it's riffing on things like Star Wars/GOT, when it's quite the opposite.
Yeah, I don't know why Hollywood hasn't quite realized that there are a lot of folks like you and I who didn't go to the movies pre-COVID and that we'd be happy to pay extra to keep that up. Also would prevent needing a sitter (although I'm a few years away from the kids being able to self govern...provided they pass their Gom Jabar).

I haven't seen the SyFy series but forgot about that, heard it was a decent attempt.

I know a lot of folks love the 80s one but I just can't get onboard with it. Weirding device? Cat milking? Fucking Sting? I could go on but why bother.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yea, the trailer for this one looks awesome. I hope the movie lives up to it. The casting, from a short three minute clip, looks spot on. Momoa as Duncan, Brolin as Gurney, Skarsgaard as The Baron, and Bautista as The Beast Rabban!? I dunno who would play those roles better from a fan's perspective.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yea, the trailer for this one looks awesome. I hope the movie lives up to it. The casting, from a short three minute clip, looks spot on. Momoa as Duncan, Brolin as Gurney, Skarsgaard as The Baron, and Bautista as The Beast Rabban!? I dunno who would play those roles better from a fan's perspective.
Yep, trailer and casting has me very excited. Agree that itd be hard to find better casting to fit what's in the book. And the Shai-Halud looks awesome as well. Hollywood has certainly let me down before but I'm cautiously optimistic. I figure as long as there's no cat milking it'll be an improvement. ?