• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automobile to Newport?

peachesnel

Is there someplace to park in Newport that would ensure safety from door dings? Like...some parking spot really really far away? I painted the damn thing myself, I don't need some jackass dinging my door...especially because he just wanted a peanut butter cup. Bah

Sorry to mess your world up but the door dings are the least of your worries. Seagulls drop shells on your car all the time. Little f****ers.

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
As has been said in many "OCS car" threads, get a car cover. My car left Newport without a scratch.

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
JT:

I thought 10-09 was an ODS class? :D

/threadjack
BTW, I'm half way to P-cola and need a place to live... anyone have leads on something I can look at renting? Rooms to fill ???

TK

Lobster

Turtl3 said:
If a candidate is there during the summer, how is he to keep his candy from melting inside the blistering hot car?

Trade in your current vehicle for a Zamboni. ;)

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Xmid was telling me Navarre was a good choice? Looks like it's an hour from Milton though...?
i don't know of anyone who didn't move after API as a SNA.

if you are a single SNA and going to whiting you'll be in the pines or the CBQ at whiting.

so yea, pimp the beach side condo while you can -- it'll be a refuge from all the a-pool BS that is occurring right now.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I really don't care where. It'd be nice to live at the beach, but my priority is the garage. Thanks for the gouge!

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Anybody have any good anti candy-melting strategies? Or should I just dump them all into a cup and bring a straw.

Are you going to segregate into chocolates, sweets, and sours, lights, and darks, better keep the nuts seperate!

Or is it going to be just one big mess?

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Anybody have any good anti candy-melting strategies? Or should I just dump them all into a cup and bring a straw.
keep them out of the sun?

just make sure they're within easy reach for the car trips... you won't have too much time and it'd suck to be sorting through crap instead of eating.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Question: If you fly and you know a classmate that is driving and you were to by snacks and have them tashed in their car, would you be able to POV devour snacks with your calssmate or is it restricted to one person. So, are POV's just at random, and for how ever long your candio's give you? Is the whole class released? I'm a lil ignorant to a POV, but im sure any extra calories I can shove down my thoat or one buffett song could go a long way.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Question: If you fly and you know a classmate that is driving and you were to by snacks and have them tashed in their car, would you be able to POV devour snacks with your calssmate or is it restricted to one person. So, are POV's just at random, and for how ever long your candio's give you? Is the whole class released? I'm a lil ignorant to a POV, but im sure any extra calories I can shove down my thoat or one buffett song could go a long way.

so many questions... i'll attempt to answer but keep in mind anything i say is almost a year old at this point so things may (or may not have) changed. hopefully someone current can confirm/deny.

can you stash in someone else's car? yes, not a problem. just put it with the rest of your crap.

can you go to a car with a classmate? yes, if ya'll are in the same class. keep in mind that if you or that other person roll you are pretty much screwed, although i managed to pass my keys on to a kid who rolled and had his stuff in my car so he could get stuff when his class went. be creative.

POV runs used to be damn near every weekend although i hear that has possibly changed. the length is generally dictated by the class team and enforced by the candios... IIRC expect anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes.

generally on POV runs they ask who wants to go to their POV and ya'll march out together and march back. people who don't want to go to their POV stay back in the p-way.

it all depends upon the class team really, but that is generally how it went down roughly 8-10 months ago.