• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automobile to Newport?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
if you are confused on my posts, check the studip ocs questions thread

sea_wolf

So somewhat related to the question about candy in the heat of summer, what about the opposite?

I will likely be attending OCS in the freeze of a Newport winter, will there be a place I can store electronics such as cell phone, GPS, things like that that very well could succumb to sub-freezing temps for a month or two aside from my vehicle?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
So somewhat related to the question about candy in the heat of summer, what about the opposite?

I will likely be attending OCS in the freeze of a Newport winter, will there be a place I can store electronics such as cell phone, GPS, things like that that very well could succumb to sub-freezing temps for a month or two aside from my vehicle?

Your electronics will be fine in your car.

ELT(SS)

The actual air temperature does not get that cold up there, it is that constant swirling always in your face mother fing wind that makes it feel so bad.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
^^^True dat. It especially sucks standing in formation while waiting to get in the chow hall, the wind comes right off the water there.

scava88

I've read that you should store other things in your car that you'll need but can't bring in, like (as mentioned) irons, starch and also flashlights to prep for RLP after lights out, lighters for "irish pennants" and some other stuff. Can you somehow get that stuff into your room from your car? And then have it in a place in your room that won't get searched (lock box?)? Also, do you even get to go to your car before RLP?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
ah grasshopper...those are secrets that you must unfold on your own. Otherwise, what fun would it be?

OscarMyers

None
Lol just think A school, im guessing what you got away with there would probably apply in R.I. Add a little common sense and you just might have answered your own question.

scava88

ah grasshopper...those are secrets that you must unfold on your own. Otherwise, what fun would it be?

haha understood, just trying to get as much info as possible. I won't be going for another year+ still.

Lol just think A school, im guessing what you got away with there would probably apply in R.I. Add a little common sense and you just might have answered your own question.

A school? I'm not a prior.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
lol but you didnt give him any advice. so its all good.

My advice is...no advice. It really is a situation you have to recce based on class instructors, free time, balls, and cunning. No, they will not give you a "locker to lock up your confidential shit." On the other hand, a lighter for pennants, shoe polish, and condoms aren't exactly "confidential shit"

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I've read that you should store other things in your car that you'll need but can't bring in, like (as mentioned) irons, starch and also flashlights to prep for RLP after lights out, lighters for "irish pennants" and some other stuff. Can you somehow get that stuff into your room from your car? And then have it in a place in your room that won't get searched (lock box?)? Also, do you even get to go to your car before RLP?

If it's verboten, I'd suggest just not bringing it in. Sure, it might be easier, but if you get caught it's a bad day/week/month, not only for you but your class as well. Don't be that guy.

Flashlights are allowed (2AA Size), and you can use your desk lamp after taps. Irons are also okay. Starch is a no go, and no uniform you wear needs starch. I actually saw a dude get lit up in an inspection for starching his NWU cover. Only thing that isn't cool on your list is a lighter. You'll get little cuticle scissors to use for that. Lighters are prohibited.

The list on the website covers what you can/cannot bring. Ask here if you need further guidance.