• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automobile to Newport?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
do they frown on using your hands even though ribs are supposed to be eaten with your hands? :confused:
Depends on who wants to mess with you that day. Usually you can just grab the food with your pointer and you can grab the spoon with your other fingers.
If you're deft with the warspoon there won't be much you can't eat. IIRC the ribs were one of the best meals there, that and pizza. I will always remember walking into the hall as a candio and watching DIs run out of there because they were laughing too hard watching their classes eat the pizza.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
You will learn to eat with the spoon no matter what it is. Also, its good to analyze what is available to eat, sometimes its all about quantity over quality since you will be starving 2 hours after chow.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Just wait for the mountain they give you the first week. We had cornish hen a little while ago. You get creative with the spoon or you suffer...

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone, I just arrived at Newport last night. The drive from Seattle was definitely long, but I lucked out and ran into no bad weather on the northern route, it was awesome. I spent the night in Butte MT, Keystone SD, Kansas City MO, Centralia ILL, Bentleyville PA, and New York City. It was cool becasue my girlfriend made the trip with me, I saw old friends in ILL, and had never been to NYC before. So, I have 3 days before the shit hits the fan. I'm just going to hit up the gym, buy everything I need, and relax, relax, relax!!

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
is there anyone heading to OCS in March?!?!?

I start OCS tomorrow, arg...If your going to ask if you should drive, do it!!! I drove all the way from Seattle and have been here for only 3 days and I'm definitely glad I have my car. Without it, it would be so hard to go out and buy everything and get ready, not to mention when the day comes that we get liberty.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone, I've finally emerged from the black hole. I started OCS on March 2nd and am heading into my 4th week. I have missed logging into AW every day!!!! Since I've been here, I have run into some fellow Air Warriors such as Skim and ShotCalla. And actually, Blur and Primus are in my class. Skim and Shotcalla are in more senior classes than mine and have both offered good help and advice to us juniors. Wish me luck on RLP next week!! Talk to you all later.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone, I've finally emerged from the black hole. I started OCS on March 2nd and am heading into my 4th week. I have missed logging into AW every day!!!! Since I've been here, I have run into some fellow Air Warriors such as Skim and ShotCalla. And actually, Blur and Primus are in my class. Skim and Shotcalla are in more senior classes than mine and have both offered good help and advice to us juniors. Wish me luck on RLP next week!! Talk to you all later.

Hang in there Ken! Remember: sacrifice sleep and sweat now and pass RLP because life gets MUCH better after RLP (slowly, but surely).

weeze

Driving to OCS

I am an enlisted sailor out in San Diego and am a pro-rec for pilot/NFO. Does anyone, commissioned or know someone who is, know if it would be beneficial to drive to OCS rather than flying? I have heard that you can go to your vehicle for brief periods to make phone calls and store extra gear in there. I don't know if what I heard is true or not, if you have any advice or insight i would appreciate it, thanks.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I've read the same scuttlebutt you have. Beyond that, the only thing I can think of is the advantage of having a car during the extremely rare (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here) liberties they give you.