• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attrite to SNFO but wait, how?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
@Treetop Flyer exactly, know that we are on the same page, back to the "bolded" question.

But in all seriousness, there have been cases of individuals being attrited from flight training and coming back in all services, believe it or not, people can improve. I know "wild".
The answer is almost certainly not, and it’s irrelevant because that’s years away even if you still want to even attempt it at that point since you haven’t even been in the fleet yet. I’m not sure which part of “unfavorable recommendation” makes you think a future CO would even endorse a package for something competitive like a transition. You should focus on becoming an NFO and then being a good one.

ACE#2

COs make decisions solely based off of what, 5 year old performance. Yeah kid, just DOR and go supply now, you're Navy career is over. The CO is going to see that one sheet of paper in your ATJ that doesn't exist.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@cfam Everything is the navy is competitive, getting a slot to go SNFO after a recommendation for attrition is competitive. Just because its competitive, doesn't mean fuck it away. Also it was for poor landing pattern performance in C4300, but that's beside the point. We keep running around the problem. The point isn't to hide an attrition, I shouldn't have to guess my status as an aviator, and if you are eligible, you should be able to apply. If not, you should seek a waiver or not apply.

If an answer is no, it should be no on paper. If it is not, I'll guarantee the answer isn't "but it's obvious", it was either a mistake or , this is where the magic happens, it was intentional.

@Treetop Flyer So you think the answer is B?
You keep imagining that because you didn’t have a perfunctory meeting with an O6, that your attrite is somehow illegitimate. That is a foolish assumption.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
COs make decisions solely based off of what, 5 year old performance. Yeah kid, just DOR and go supply now, you're Navy career is over. The CO is going to see that one sheet of paper in your ATJ that doesn't exist.
Yeah the lack of a specific piece of paper means you’re golden. Keep deluding yourself if you wish, but...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
@ACE#2 It doesn't matter anyway. They way you are going your CO is going to give you shitty fitreps for being a fucking clueless sea lawyer douche bag that no one can stand to be around. You wouldn't be competitive even if by some wildest stretch of the imagination you didn't attrite from pilot training. Plus no one wants to be around or fly with a NFO that constantly bemoans his lost pilot opportunity.

Besides, my guess is that you're going to attrite from NFO training too.

It's time to shut the fuck up and go away. It's easy to find out who you are and if you keep going, that's going to happen and your reputation will be made before you even hit the fleet. It won't be a good reputation either.

ACE#2

@Brett327 It is not "perfunctory" , it is mandated by instruction.

@HAL Pilot "fucking clueless sea lawyer douche bag that no one can stand to be around" & "you're going to attrite from NFO training too" I expect air warriors to be a place to be told "no" a lot but it seems like you like taking shots for no reason. God forbid my Navy career is over for making a Saturday night post on Air warriors.

@Treetop Flyer as crazy as it sounds I just want my answer, not a "it's highly unlikely", that's quitting, and around here, we complete or attrite out of programs, we don't quit.

Last edited:

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Hey everyone, long time reader, first time poster, but here is my question?

About a year back I washed out of as an SNA to got a program change to become an SNFO, but the form associated with attrition, a CNATRA 1300-1 , was never placed in my jacket. Also, I never met the Commodore. These are required to be formally attired. I looked into the guidance (CNATRA 1500.4J) on what guides an attrition as well. It says:

What does this mean for me, was I not attired?
This is formally attired:
A tuxedo or evening gown is typically what is required to be formally attired.
I hope you were attired at the time, even if not formally.

ACE#2

Oh shit, that was the spelling error he was talking about. My computer says attrited isn't a word.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
By all means, please feel free to ignore all of the advice you’ve received thus far. It’s not as if at least one former CO hasn’t already chimed in with his perspective on your chances and agreed with the crowd. Heck, even people who normally completely disagree with each other have said the same thing to you.

I’ll say it again because it obviously hasn’t sunk in….focus on crushing the NFO pipeline and enjoy your career as an NFO. There is no chance, despite what the instruction says, and despite you thinking otherwise, that the Navy will send you back through again as a pilot. Take your lumps and move on.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@cfam Everything is the navy is competitive, getting a slot to go SNFO after a recommendation for attrition is competitive. Just because its competitive, doesn't mean fuck it away. Also it was for poor landing pattern performance in C4300, but that's beside the point. We keep running around the problem. The point isn't to hide an attrition, I shouldn't have to guess my status as an aviator, and if you are eligible, you should be able to apply. If not, you should seek a waiver or not apply.

If an answer is no, it should be no on paper. If it is not, I'll guarantee the answer isn't "but it's obvious", it was either a mistake or , this is where the magic happens, it was intentional.
Ahh, I see I forgot to reply to this gem of a post. Based on the exact wording of the instruction you love to quote, you attrited due to a flight failure (your poor landing pattern performance). So (and I’ll paste the exact words you used here):

Flight Attrition/Non-Grad. Attrition/Non-Grad is the result of flight (SNA) or practical work (SNFO) failure. NFSs in this category are disqualified for further naval pilot training and are given a negative recommendation for any military pilot training.

So it’s actually worse for you than I initially assumed. Not only are you completely disqualified for any shot at becoming a Navy pilot again, that negative recommendation for military pilot training will screw your chances for any other branch. There won’t be any waivers either, because it’s not worth the risk for a service to chance a slot on a previous failure. Nerd out on missing pieces of paper all you want, pilot is not in your future.

I seriously wish you the best of luck in your NFO career. This site is your first introduction to what a real ready room is like. Learn from the experience and good luck in the fleet.

ACE#2

Okay, I'll take my lumps. VP is awesome, but I really want to go Growlers.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay, I'll take my lumps
Here's the fun part... ready? You've been lurking on this site, as a "long time reader," then finally mustered the courage to actually register 6 weeks ago. During that time, you somehow assessed that the professional aviators on this site would be sympathetic to your lame-assed "what if" fantasy that you allowed your mind to entertain... all because you fucked away your chance at being a pilot. Congrats for conducting a master class in misreading your audience. I'll ask you what I've asked countless others... WTF did you expect the reaction to be to your preposterous "did I really get attrited" question. Seriously?

ACE#2

This, believe it or not. I knew there would be a fair amount of rocks thrown at anything that says "attrite" on it. But, I would much rather the answer be "no" than "maybe" or "highly unlikely".

What would you do, if you were me? Are you telling me that if you even say the slightest loophole, the most odd opportunity, but maybe, like 1% maybe it could work, you wouldn't even try? Just because you might aggravate some pilots/NFOs for a couple minutes.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Just because you might aggravate some pilots/NFOs for a couple minutes.
Are you really this stupid???

You still don't get it. You won't just be aggravating some anonymous posters on an internet site, you'll be aggravating a whole shitload of senior officers in real life if you actually try this sea lawyer bull shit. Those are the senior officers who will write your fitreps. You will be a laughing stalk among your fellow JOs in your squadron, the JOs who will be involved in establishing and spreading your reputation around your community.

Further, there is nothing more pathetic than a NFO crying about not being a pilot. You are not going to be a pilot. Accept that, forget about being a pilot, be happy to be a NFO and STFU. Or quit as you are currently on a path of career suicide before you even really begin.

Grow the fuck up.