• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attn: all strapping young Navy Men! ;)

midn09 - you know that as a future Naval officer it is your duty to post any pictures of the bridesmaids that the pm might include.....

I wonder if the bridesmaids know they're being offered up as payment for a sword arch?

You're sneaky! And no, they don't know....yet....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
midn09 - you know that as a future Naval officer it is your duty to post any pictures of the bridesmaids that the pm might include.....

I wonder if the bridesmaids know they're being offered up as payment for a sword arch?

@ HAL - at least it would increase AW street cred

Sounds more like bait than payment

I did more than a few weddings while at TBS and PCola (and at least two while in the RAG) to flesh out the sword arch. Sometimes I even knew the "principals". Regardless, being in uniform in that venue with lots of bridemaids and friends didn't suck at all.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
God I love random weddings. I've done two sword arches so far for people I've never met until the day of the wedding. Everybody treats you like royalty, like you are some sort of celebrity. Probably one of the better midshipmen "volunteer" events I've had to do. Always been hooked up with an open bar and a free hotel room. I almost feel like an asshole for drinking all that alcohol.

Clux4

Banned
Why should you feel bad?
It is a win win situation.
After all uniforms are not exactly free!!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Depends on which ones you are wearing. My academic excellence ribbon kind of looked like the National Defense Service Medal from a distance.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this considered "strapping" ?

106ncyv.jpg

No, it's not me.

So while I'm sure you all look charming in your chokers, for those of you who are able to come, dress attire will be service dress blues w/ mini medals if possible. ;)

Let me know if you can make it....let me tempt you with chicken Madeira and open bar.....mmmmmm. :D

PS: For those of you who are potentially interested: here's the place

Attachments

• SirFrancisDrakeLobby.jpg
    SirFrancisDrakeLobby.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 117
  • P3070684.jpg
    P3070684.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 100
  • hcom_15254_5_b.jpg
    hcom_15254_5_b.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 92