• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attn: all strapping young Navy Men! ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It's just a damn good thing for ALL of you she didn't include "straping ol' Navy men" in the invitation. :D

Of course, things could have gone bad & I would have lopped off an ear in the sword arch. :D

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's just a damn good thing for ALL of you she didn't include "straping ol' Navy men" in the invitation. :D

Exactly, I'm right down the road, but then I read "young."

It's all a scam anyway, a request for "strapping young Navy Men" with a wink icon...in San Fran...

Haha, OK some clarifications:

1. I'm much harder to "scare off" than you think! (I was just out and about doing some errands! I don't live on this forum like some of you!) (I kid, I kid.)

2. I apologize for the "strapping young men" part. I shouldn't have discriminated! Any Naval Officer regardless of age who wants to help out would be much appreciated. No age limits here... (Better?!) ;)

3. Open bar as far as all beer, wine, and champagne are on us. Hard liquor will be available, but that's on you. :)

4. No karaoke, but I am more than happy to pass on any song requests on to the DJ. Haha

5. 3/4 of my bridesmaids are single (the other is married to an EOD guy.) And they are all pretty hot if you don't mind me saying so myself. ;)

6. And yes, plenty of single chick guests.

7. I did check out the Berkeley ROTC but they said because it's over "winter break" at school they couldn't help us out, but could lend us swords.

8. and yes, midshipman are cordially invited to this event.

Did that answer everyone's questions!? ;):D

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Haha, OK some clarifications:

1. I'm much harder to "scare off" than you think! (I was just out and about doing some errands! I don't live on this forum like some of you!) (I kid, I kid.)

2. I apologize for the "strapping young men" part. I shouldn't have discriminated! Any Naval Officer regardless of age who wants to help out would be much appreciated. No age limits here... (Better?!) ;)

3. Open bar as far as all beer, wine, and champagne are on us. Hard liquor will be available, but that's on you. :)

4. No karaoke, but I am more than happy to pass on any song requests on to the DJ. Haha

5. 3/4 of my bridesmaids are single (the other is married to an EOD guy.) And they are all pretty hot if you don't mind me saying so myself. ;)

7. I did check out the Berkeley ROTC but they said because it's over "winter break" at school they couldn't help us out, but could lend us swords.

8. and yes, midshipman are cordially invited to this event.

Did that answer everyone's questions!? ;):D

This is all great news, but unfortunately I live in Michigan... Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat.

...C'est la vie :(

edit: stealth editing skills.

CommodoreMid said:
Threadjack since this use of the word beautiful to modify the place Pensacola made me chuckle a bit. Has anyone else seen/been amused by the billboard at the corner of Lillian and Gulf Beach advertising the opera and symphony that says "Pensacola: Cultural Mecca?" I laugh every time I drive by it.

No no! We've got to focus here! Cannot deviate from the path with Pensacola distractions!! Lol!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Love to help, but I'm neither of those requested things. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

Raptor2216

Well, as much as I'd like to do this, I think it would just be extremely awkward for a random dude in uniform to be hanging out at a wedding full of strangers. Since you are short a couple of dudes, I will ask one of my friends if he is willing to crash the wedding...as long as you don't have an issues with having a couple of Marines in that sword detail. I'll let you know by tomorrow.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd do it, but I have 3 days comped in Vegas.

Call the NROTC unit, I'm sure there are a few Mids who'd help you out.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Hmm... I will be on leave. Will there be bridesmaids for the taking?
(and by taking, I mean taking advantage of, not the "marrying/dating" taking)

1010761largeyt5.jpg

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I shot every single gun in that picture today OU.

Besides, I have uniforms and wings. What have you go to bring to the table? :icon_smil

My fiance, can I trade her in for one of those chicks?? I'd have to see pics prior to the barter.