• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

CAJ0520

Forgive me for asking silly questions; however, I began this process about 2 months ago, so I am a little hazy on how this works. I see people saying things about checking the status of their package on CIRIMS. Is this something that I would be able to do? My OR didn't mention anything about it. He just basically said he'll tell me when he finds anything out and said there was nothing else for me to do now but wait. But man is waiting hard!

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Forgive me for asking silly questions; however, I began this process about 2 months ago, so I am a little hazy on how this works. I see people saying things about checking the status of their package on CIRIMS. Is this something that I would be able to do? My OR didn't mention anything about it. He just basically said he'll tell me when he finds anything out and said there was nothing else for me to do now but wait. But man is waiting hard!
First welcome to the the thread. Our status of our kit in CIRIMS isn't something that we check, it is a status that we get from our OR or our processor. Your OR is telling you solid info that really it is just a matter of he will keep you updated. I would suggest checking in every two weeks or so with your OR since any more you may be bugging them, but really it comes down to the relationship that you have with him/her. As far your kit status is concerned it seems to be a crap shoot what status our kits are in. Mine is still "at PM" as of early last week, I haven't checked this week but may today. If your kit was uploaded two week ago, it will be close if nothing else but I wouldn't count on having made this board. If you haven't made this one the next one will likely be in late summer.

National OPO

All - Pilot board done, NFO kits to be reviewed this afternoon. Still predicting that results will be released to the Fleet and then NRDs NLT 12May. Please DONT ASK me or your recruiter about the results until they have been officially approved for release by Recruiting Command leadership as they wont be able to tell ya anything. I will post on this site once that has occurred so that you can THEN start blowing up your recruiter's telephone. Additionally, and as predicted, we have started issuing FINSEL letters and filling the July-Sept OCS classes - for both Fleet and NRD shippers. If you were a previous Pilot, NFO, or SWO selects from a past board and had an availability date that supported shipping to OCS in the July-Sept timeframe, then you stand a good chance of shipping to one of the four classes that fall in that timeframe (20Jul, 10Aug, 31Aug, or 21Sep). We are issuing FINSELs as quickly as possible and are planning on filling all four of those classes to the max amount allowed, which is 100 shippers per each class. So remain in contact with your OR (if processed through an NRD) or remain engaged with your chain of command (if a Fleet applicant) as we push out these FINSEL letters with assigned OCS ship dates.

brogdawg32

Thank you for the update OPO. My only question is will selects from this board make the July-Sept OCS dates or do you have a backlog where you anticipate shipping us after? When I read the above post I read it as the pro recs from other boards will get all those slots and we will get everything after Sept 21

National OPO

Thank you for the update OPO. My only question is will selects from this board make the July-Sept OCS dates or do you have a backlog where you anticipate shipping us after? When I read the above post I read it as the pro recs from other boards will get all those slots and we will get everything after Sept 21

Dont know just yet since we have to wait to push through the "backlog" of prior selects and then see what shipping seats remain open against expected goals vs. the remaining numbers of prior selects that are ready to ship to OCS. If we can, we will ship everyone that is ready to ship - as in all physical qualification and security clearance issues resolved. If able to ship folks from this board, and they are ready to go, then will include them. If we have enough prior-selects that are ready to ship and fill all of the seats on those first four classes, then will proceed down the list as we continue filling classes beyond Sept. If an applicant might be age-critical, then we try to give them head-of-the-line priveledges, but as long as it doesnt severly disadvantage other applicants selected significantly before they were selected. We try to ship on a first-in-first-out principle in order to keep the "pool" moving through the process.

brogdawg32

I texted my OR to let him know I'll be getting an award for how absent minded I am at work this week. Every 5 minutes feels like an hour at this point

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I texted my OR to let him know I'll be getting an award for how absent minded I am at work this week. Every 5 minutes feels like an hour at this point
Just don't get fired then you will have to update forms saying your employment has changed. /s

Hmm I should call my OR and see if he knows a board happened.