• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

Well I didn't start working until after I submitted my packet, so if I get fired I won't have to change a thing :p

I would suggest holding off. Not gonna change anything whether or not he is aware

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Well I didn't start working until after I submitted my packet, so if I get fired I won't have to change a thing :p

I would suggest holding off. Not gonna change anything whether or not he is aware
Well, I wouldn't be asking for results just whether or not he knew if my packet went to board. That's all. I don't want to bug my OR too much. I'm keeping my "twitchyness" in check for now.

Well I suppose that does make paperwork easier.

Last edited:

cb812

SNA
I know we will not know until end of week, possibly next week but come tomorrow, I am going to jump every time my phone rings. This week is going to be extremely unproductive for me. To say my mind is somewhere besides my work is an understatement...

brogdawg32

What's killing me is I can't talk about it at work at all, so I have to be careful who I mention it to. I didn't want to broadcast that while they spent 10 weeks training me that I'm looking to leave asap.

varlogkern

What's killing me is I can't talk about it at work at all, so I have to be careful who I mention it to. I didn't want to broadcast that while they spent 10 weeks training me that I'm looking to leave asap.
What is killing me isn't that my employer knows, I was actually hired with the understanding that I could leave at any point with a month or so of heads up. The people I can't talk to are my family. In fact, they can't know until about a week before. And boy... Do I dread that conversation. (It has something to do when you mix governmental employment and parents with extreme religious leanings*). In fact, I'm surprised that they haven't found out yet but it needs to stay that way for as long as possible.

[Yes I am going to have the conversation before I leave and not just up and leave. I really do not want a DI chasing me down at OCS because I didn't tell my family I was leaving]

*hint: They object to blood donations, and like to knock on your door on Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: HTR

B619

If those are the actual future OCS dates then I'm really hopeful to get selected and leave by August 10 as my birthday is on the 11th of November. That gives me 91 days to graduate OCS before aging out.

Since everyone is feeling anxious, what makes it worse for me is that there is a Marine base near by my work. I see F-18s fly by the freeway on my route home everyday. What a big tease. And it would suck to not get selected and see these jets fly by everyday going home with the thought of "that could of been me". I'd rather be stuck in a cockpit than in a cubicle. Good luck to you all.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since everyone is feeling anxious, what ma
kes it worse for me is that there is a Marine base near by my work. I see F-18s fly by the freeway on my route home everyday.
Could it be I-15 passing NKX? ;)
BzB

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
[Yes I am going to have the conversation before I leave and not just up and leave. .

I'd recommend having that discussion ASAP once receiving your Pro-Rec. I could be mistaken (perhaps one that has been there can verify) but I would venture to guess that your family will be contacted during the background investigation conducted for security clearance.

Nonetheless, I commend you for taking charge of your life and working towards achieving a goal you want, regardless of opposition. In life there are dreamers and there are doers; you sir, are a doer.

varlogkern

I'd recommend having that discussion ASAP once receiving your Pro-Rec. I could be mistaken (perhaps one that has been there can verify) but I would venture to guess that your family will be contacted during the background investigation conducted for security clearance.

Nonetheless, I commend you for taking charge of your life and working towards achieving a goal you want, regardless of opposition. In life there are dreamers and there are doers; you sir, are a doer.
Thank you for the kind words. I've been trying and we will find out soon if it was all not naught.
It seems to be hit or miss if OPM will have a chat with my family. I've asked my NRD command staff, my OR (officer nuke) and another NA and none of their parents were contacted in regard to their clearance. In any case I have been told that I should be able to talk to the OPM investigator and explain the delicacy of the situation, and while they aren't obligated to use tact, they are supposedly pretty good about it.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
My father was contacted. My mother was not. Granted my father is retired navy O-6, and mom is an art teacher. Who knows...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never heard of NKX but yes, the I-15 where it splits into the 163. :cool:
Oops, NKX = MCAS Miramar. Sorry, you'll pick up on these codes a little later in your training!:oops:
Could that be you I see passing by every day? :confused:
Nope, though it could have been 40+ Years ago when it was NAS Miramar!;)
BzB

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Starting summer classes tomorrow. Hopefully that will help the next few days go by. I'll be taking 18 credit hours this summer to rush to graduation. :)