• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

I work in the insurance industry. Still use fax machines, can confirm. "Great can I fax it to you?....NO JUST EMAIL ME."

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I work for a small cable company that does triple play. Umm yeah I fax things... all the time. "We need proof of phone ownership before porting this phone number".... and thats a fax. And lets not talk about cheap fax machines from the bargain bin and how much they make my job in support a headache.

RE: using fax for verification... Yeah... I'll take email over fax "security" any day. But somehow fax is compliant with some regulation but email isn't... the heck..!?

varlogkern

Just one nights sleep between us and the board meeting....now I'm getting a bit nervous!
The thing that has kept me somewhat calm is at this point nothing can be done. All the prep work done months ago is what has lead up to this. So now, we just wait... And panic a bit... and wait.. and those of us who have confessed a bit too much, go watch Top Gun.. and then wait some more...

When I'm going to start getting twitchy is around May 12.....

Last edited:
Reactions: HTR

varlogkern

Don't tell any doc about getting twitchy, it will probably result in a psych eval! :)
I read enough horror stories about saying the wrong things at MEPS to know to firmly keep my trap shut unless a medical doctor said I had xyz or prescribed a certain med. "My [insert family member here] said....."... NOOOOOPE. :p

varlogkern

For real. In my 1 on 1 I didn't say much besides yes or no
Well I had to get a waiver for something that I didn't think was an issue, but could potentially be one in the future. (medicine allergy). So it isn't something I could just gloss over, even though the event that caused me to have to take the meds doesn't have any impact on me today. No, it isn't penicillin. I talked and volunteered info I thought would be pertinent, and it included everything I wrote down, but outside of those few things, yes and no were the order of the day. MEPS was actually a big deal for me, since it marked getting my weight loss on record, as well as the prospect of serving my country becoming a reality (rather than just talking about it).

And.... It is now 06May2014, in EDT anyway, let the countdown to results begin.

brogdawg32

I have an allergy to a random asthma med, they didn't give me much trouble about that.

I'm going to start getting twitchy on Friday. Because I think that's when I'll have the "at any moment" feeling

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Fax machine? Ain't got time fo dat

office-space-copier.jpg