• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had been PROREC Y last April. But I got medical DQ. I had to get some documentation but it took more than 6 months so I lost my PRO Y and had to reapply.
This is why it's imperative to keep your Profile Info updated whenever major changes occur. Those trying to answer your questions/provide advice, check Info prior to responding. Sometimes stale info = questionable advice!:eek:
BzB

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
To be honest, I wouldn't be studying either of them. If you want to be a Navy pilot, read Navy pilot books. Most of the API and Primary publications can be found online.
Minus the fact that he will need IFS and they use Jeppesen. Besides rumors are that they are changing the API course this summer so possibly new pubs before they even go to OCS.

Mr Spenz

pilot
I've also heard it referred to as "PFM" (for those who don't know, "pure effing magic") at OCS. For example, you're not supposed to use clear nail polish on the frayed end of your khaki or web belts to stop IP's from constantly popping up. So if anyone asks how your belt looks so squared away, it's just PFM.
Unless the entire company uses clear nail polish then its ok..."when your all wrong your right".

The_Pants

When do pilots get to go to SERE school? Is it after API? I'm looking forward to being put in the tiny box and maybe getting waterboarded.

Mr Spenz

pilot
When do pilots get to go to SERE school? Is it after API? I'm looking forward to being put in the tiny box and maybe getting waterboarded.
Are you serious? Its after winging, you have so much in front of you that needs to be completed that SERE shouldn't even be on your mind.

National OPO

All - some caution about the civilian eye exams prior to shipping to OCS. All Pilot and NFO shippers will still go through a full and complete NAMI aviation flight physical no matter what might have been performed prior to shipping to OCS and that OCS flight physical is the authoritative determination regarding qualification for Pilot and/or NFO. Although I applaud you all for considering getting civilian eye exams prior to shipping, Pilot and NFO shippers continue to be disappointed when they arrive at OCS and perhaps might be found Not Physically Qualified (NPQ) for aviation even after they might have spent consideration time and money obtaining civilian examinations trying to assure themselves as being Physically Qualified (PQ) for aviaiton prior to shipping. Just pains me to see folks shipping to OCS thinking that they are "golden" just to be found NPQ after arriving at OCS.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
All - some caution about the civilian eye exams prior to shipping to OCS. All Pilot and NFO shippers will still go through a full and complete NAMI aviation flight physical no matter what might have been performed prior to shipping to OCS and that OCS flight physical is the authoritative determination regarding qualification for Pilot and/or NFO. Although I applaud you all for considering getting civilian eye exams prior to shipping, Pilot and NFO shippers continue to be disappointed when they arrive at OCS and perhaps might be found Not Physically Qualified (NPQ) for aviation even after they might have spent consideration time and money obtaining civilian examinations trying to assure themselves as being Physically Qualified (PQ) for aviaiton prior to shipping. Just pains me to see folks shipping to OCS thinking that they are "golden" just to be found NPQ after arriving at OCS.

Thank you for the info National OPO, is this very common? What would you say the percentages are that get NPQed in the NAMI physical at OCS?

National OPO

More Pilot and NFO shippers DOR than are found NPQ. On average, only about 4% of the Pilot and NFO shippers are found NPQ at OCS. And many of those Pilots that are found NPQ, are still found PQ for NFO and opt to go NFO.