• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

National OPO

My recruiter told me he would check mine at 1500 today, he said that's when they usually update it so ask your recruiter to check around then if the status still hasn't changed to board ready. Also, does anyone know since our packets are being moved now how long it is typically until the board will convene?

JackThomas5 - status updated for applications are real-time. If your recruiter is telling you that application statuses get updated "at 1500" - they are blowing smoke. They can tell right this second the status of your application. As the team here processes kits, they provide immediate status updated within our processing system. Sorry to hear that your recruiter is telling that.

Kees

SNA Select
My recruiter is not in and it's Friday!!! I've got to wait until next week to figure out if my kit is still with the PM or at the board. This is going to be a loooooong weekend!!!

cb812

SNA
JackThomas5 - status updated for applications are real-time. If your recruiter is telling you that application statuses get updated "at 1500" - they are blowing smoke. They can tell right this second the status of your application. As the team here processes kits, they provide immediate status updated within our processing system. Sorry to hear that your recruiter is telling that.

Quick question, what prompted you to start engaging this forum? Your info, advice, and help has been fantastic and is much appreciated by us applicants.

National OPO

All - I CAN PROMISE THAT WE ARE NOT HOLDING THE NEXT PILOT/NFO BOARD NEXT WEEK!!! We just held our last board on 27Feb14. So we are not even planning on having the next until at least later this month if not in May (within 90 days since the last one). NRC does not presently need to hold another board since we are still have an adequate pool of previously-selected Pilot/NFOs that need to be assigned OCS ship dates. The reason that kits are being pushed to a PROBOARD status is simply because the PMs have finished with other requirements and now have the time to start working Pilot and NFO applications. Please do not take this change in the status of a few applications to be some type of an early indicator as to when the next board might be occurring. Like I tell the recruiters in the field, submit Pilot and NFO applications as they are complete and accurate and they will be considered at the next occurring board. As such, as long as you are remaining engaged with your recruiter and providing all necessary documents that they request/require, and submit your application in a timely fashion, it will be considered at this next Pilot/NFO board occuring either closer to the end of this month or next month.

National OPO

Quick question, what prompted you to start engaging this forum? Your info, advice, and help has been fantastic and is much appreciated by us applicants.

To try and address the sheer volume of bad information being sprewed on websites like this one and others like Sailor Bob. Kills me when even our own recruiters are putting out incorrect information - whether due to lack of understand, lack of knowledge, being too busy to provide correct information, or because they don't care. I completely understand that not all recruiters are bad and there are some that are working their butts off - most are working their butts off. But NRC doesn't give them much to work with either and asks them to do a TON of stuff besides just recruiting. So figured that I would augment what might be putting out by being present on these types of websites - help put out good info to both applicants and to recruiters that track these websites. Plus its fun to watch what you all are talking about.

Kees

SNA Select
All - I CAN PROMISE THAT WE ARE NOT HOLDING THE NEXT PILOT/NFO BOARD NEXT WEEK!!! We just held our last board on 27Feb14. So we are not even planning on having the next until at least later this month if not in May (within 90 days since the last one). NRC does not presently need to hold another board since we are still have an adequate pool of previously-selected Pilot/NFOs that need to be assigned OCS ship dates. The reason that kits are being pushed to a PROBOARD status is simply because the PMs have finished with other requirements and now have the time to start working Pilot and NFO applications. Please do not take this change in the status of a few applications to be some type of an early indicator as to when the next board might be occurring. Like I tell the recruiters in the field, submit Pilot and NFO applications as they are complete and accurate and they will be considered at the next occurring board. As such, as long as you are remaining engaged with your recruiter and providing all necessary documents that they request/require, and submit your application in a timely fashion, it will be considered at this next Pilot/NFO board occuring either closer to the end of this month or next month.

And a big sigh of relief and a warm "thank you" goes out to National OPO... Your info/updates are awesome!!!

National OPO

does anyone's OR have pool functions for applicants or pro-recs?

The_Pants - recruiters are not typically going to have pool sites available for use by applicants. The exception to this rule are SEAL and EOD applicants, who are allowed to use local YMCA pools to train and prepare them for boot camp - where they are going to be swimming all hours of the day and night. I would be very surprised if any field recruiter is able to take non-SEAL or non-EOD applicants into a pool for some water survival training. At least not in an official capacity.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
To try and address the sheer volume of bad information being sprewed on websites like this one and others like Sailor Bob. Kills me when even our own recruiters are putting out incorrect information - whether due to lack of understand, lack of knowledge, being too busy to provide correct information, or because they don't care. I completely understand that not all recruiters are bad and there are some that are working their butts off - most are working their butts off. But NRC doesn't give them much to work with either and asks them to do a TON of stuff besides just recruiting. So figured that I would augment what might be putting out by being present on these types of websites - help put out good info to both applicants and to recruiters that track these websites. Plus its fun to watch what you all are talking about.
To echo what others have already stated, your participation here is greatly appreciated! Thank you, Sir!

The_Pants

The_Pants - recruiters are not typically going to have pool sites available for use by applicants. The exception to this rule are SEAL and EOD applicants, who are allowed to use local YMCA pools to train and prepare them for boot camp - where they are going to be swimming all hours of the day and night. I would be very surprised if any field recruiter is able to take non-SEAL or non-EOD applicants into a pool for some water survival training. At least not in an official capacity.
No, I don't mean like an actually pool. What I meant is does anyone's OR host like PRT practices during the week to prep for OCS. Like on the Marine side, 1-2 times a week they hold a poolee function where the applicants prep for the physical part increasing their PFT score and do obstacle and leadership courses.

National OPO

No, I don't mean like an actually pool. What I meant is does anyone's OR host like PRT practices during the week to prep for OCS. Like on the Marine side, 1-2 times a week they hold a poolee function where the applicants prep for the physical part increasing their PFT score and do obstacle and leadership courses.

Ohhhh, I get it now. Technically, recruiters are not legally allowed to PT applicants due to liability issues. However, your recruiter should MOST DEFINITELY be encouraging your local group (of both enlisted and officer shippers and/or applicants) to get together and do something as a group - even if your recruiter is not technically nor legally allowed to do so in within their official capacity as a US Navy recruiter. As long as the event cannot be construed as a Navy-endorsed event, then the more the merrier!

exNavyOffRec

Ohhhh, I get it now. Technically, recruiters are not legally allowed to PT applicants due to liability issues. However, your recruiter should MOST DEFINITELY be encouraging your local group (of both enlisted and officer shippers and/or applicants) to get together and do something as a group - even if your recruiter is not technically nor legally allowed to do so in within their official capacity as a US Navy recruiter. As long as the event cannot be construed as a Navy-endorsed event, then the more the merrier!

yeah, there are applicants on here who's recruiters have told them they had to do a PT test to apply, just another item to put in they "are you kidding me" file.