• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

Earlier today my processor said I'm good to go and have made the board. My OR and processor have been awesome.

Haven't had any references contacted yet, I gave them all a heads up on the possibility though.

Now just waiting for that early April board meet!

Last edited:
Earlier today my processor said I'm good to go and have made the board. My OR and processor have been awesome.

Haven't had any references contacted yet, I gave them all a heads up on the possibility though.

Now just waiting for that early April board meet!

Same here man can't wait!

cb812

SNA
Fingers crossed? Why? That has no affect on if you get selected and when you go to OCS. My contacts have not been contacted and neither have I and I got my clearance. Your BI just has to be opened. That happens when your recruiter submits your fingerprints and SF86.

I have completed my SF86 but have not gone in and had my fingerprints taken. Is this something I can do while we wait for the board? Also, does your BI have to be opened before the board?

I have completed my SF86 but have not gone in and had my fingerprints taken. Is this something I can do while we wait for the board? Also, does your BI have to be opened before the board?

You should have been fingerprinted right after your physical when you were at MEPS, I would call the recruiter and see whats up.

cb812

SNA
You should have been fingerprinted right after your physical when you were at MEPS, I would call the recruiter and see whats up.

I did get my digital fingerprints taken at MEPS when I went through back in 2012... would they be using these for background investigation?

I did get my digital fingerprints taken at MEPS when I went through back in 2012... would they be using these for background investigation?

They should but I'm not sure because they fingerprinted me again at MEPS even though they took my prints back in 09.

brogdawg32

How's everyone's PT going?

I gave myself a PRT today after finally being done with my strength program, stats in sig. Just staying on that grindddd.

cb812

SNA

mb1685

I went to school to be a commercial pilot and somehow managed to work my way through my Certified Flight Instructor ratings. As far as your OCS "kit" is concerned, I've heard that having prior flight experience helps a lot and I have also heard that it does not really make a difference at all. It is my opinion that any amount flight time gives you an edge at the board over someone with zero flight time.

Where I believe prior experience as a pilot will really make a difference is after OCS during the academics in API. Most of what you are taught in ground school and required to exercise as a civilian pilot translates well into much of the items taught in API. Having working knowledge of the aerodynamics of an airplane, FAA flight rules and regulations, aviation weather, aircraft systems, etc will be tremendously beneficial. That being said, you don't necessarily need to be a pilot to learn that stuff. All of it can be taught to yourself with the wonderful help of the interwebs. Even the API coursework is online if you look hard enough.

Is there a section in any of the paperwork that lets you put in your total flight time? I know the Air Force asks for the specific number of hours because it can count towards your PCSM score. Or is there no specific section for it and you can just choose to annotate your license/ratings under "Accomplishments" or something like that? The reason I ask is because I have a bit of flight time but don't hold a PPL. I wouldn't mind including it if there's a section for it, of course.

cb812

SNA
Is there a section in any of the paperwork that lets you put in your total flight time? I know the Air Force asks for the specific number of hours because it can count towards your PCSM score. Or is there no specific section for it and you can just choose to annotate your license/ratings under "Accomplishments" or something like that? The reason I ask is because I have a bit of flight time but don't hold a PPL. I wouldn't mind including it if there's a section for it, of course.

There is a section on the App Addendum where you can list flight hours.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Hey all, I'm hoping to be in the April board. Got everything in.. I think. PRT wise, I'm close. Just thought I'd say hello.