• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
I do not understand why some people are having their security clearances done and others are not. None of my references have been contacted yet, even though I have confirmed my application is on the PM's desk?

The explanation I was given from the office of my OR is that typically the security check is conducted after a pro rec. However, depending on ASTB scores and the quality of the overall application/applicant, the OR can request "to spend the money" prematurely and have the investigation started.

Although, since we are all from offices across the nation, I wouldn't be surprised if this policy varies some...

Jayk

Hey,

I have a few questions for anyone who has already done their interview with the background investigator.

1.Were you asked the same questions you were asked in NASIS or more?
2. What did you take to the interview?

The investigator I spoke to said to compile a list of contacts but I wasn't given a number.
3. How many additional contacts were you asked to provide?

Any other pertinent information would be appreciated

Thanks

theghettodefendant

None
Hey,

I have a few questions for anyone who has already done their interview with the background investigator.

The investigator I spoke to said to compile a list of contacts but I wasn't given a number.

Thanks
That's interesting I've already been pro rec'd and still haven't been interviewed.

Jayk

That's interesting I've already been pro rec'd and still haven't been interviewed.
I am really not sure why my investigation is occurring now. My personal interview is scheduled for tomorrow and all the people I have listed in NASIS have already been contacted and interviewed. However, if no one else has completed theirs, I will be sure to post about it tomorrow so you guys can have a heads.
Cheers

AmericanJoe

I am really not sure why my investigation is occurring now. My personal interview is scheduled for tomorrow and all the people I have listed in NASIS have already been contacted and interviewed. However, if no one else has completed theirs, I will be sure to post about it tomorrow so you guys can have a heads.
Cheers

That would be awesome, I've been Pro Rec'd Pilot and still haven't had mine. Let us know what it's like, unless they tell you not to when you go.

The_Pants

Hey,

Thanks
Basically, they will schedule the interview at your house b/c of the sensitivity of the information plus they want to verify where you live and what kind of environment it is. I had asked to go to a popular coffee shop and my investigator pushed to come to my home. Not that I mind, it's just a live with all guys so you can imagine what my house looks like. Strap a deodorant stick to a fan...you have a manly glade plug-in.

You should maybe just need an ID to prove it is really you. And from my experience they just ask for contacts from college, your job, friends, and neighbors.

brogdawg32

Looking at that spreadsheet makes me self conscious about my scores. Ya'll a bunch of jerks with those astb!

I feel like I'm standing in a locker room looking down at myself and wondering why I'm the least endowed.

Apologies for missing out but what's the entire point of this spreadsheet?

Not sure, but I think the point is so we can see who does/doesn't get selected and the person's stats on why they might have/not have been selected. It is however, a useless tool for determining your chances of being selected against others on the forum because it does not consider anything about the person except for their GPA and ASTB scores.

Looking at that spreadsheet makes me self conscious about my scores. Ya'll a bunch of jerks with those astb!

I feel like I'm standing in a locker room looking down at myself and wondering why I'm the least endowed.

People were picked up on the last board who had worse scores than you. Don't feel bad the spreadsheet doesn't consider the whole person concept.

The_Pants

Dude, I have the lowest score on that sheet. I'm not too worried about it though. If I'm selected great, if I'm not oh well. I'm just glad a had the opportunity to apply and finally get an answer. Plus there are always alternative routes if you want to serve your country.