• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

PQ'd through MEPS before the board, security clearance started after pro-rec.
Well hopefully I get similar news to you ASAP. I went to MEPS and submitted my clearance at different points before the board so hopefully they'll give me a phone call soon about a FS. I'd like to be able to finalize my plans with my current job and take care of whatever else I need to get done around here before leaving.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I had MEPs done beforehand and I must be waiting on my security clearance. I had an interview probably two to three months ago now; can't imagine what's taking so long. Any way to know when your sec clearance is finished?

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Hey all, I am a pro-rec SNA/NFO from the April board and also failed the MEPS depth perception. I recently visited my civilian optometrist and was given the stereofly test, of which I passed with 100% and the doctors said my depth perception was perfect. However, my OR sent the results to NRC and called me today claiming they said I was still NPQ'd for SNA, and would not consider any alternative tests as I was permanently disqualified. From what I've been reading on these forums, several applicants have had this same issue, received further testing from specialized eye doctors, and been given the green light for OCS under a SNA billet. I was curious as to why I would be disqualified after re-testing with a perfect score, and if anyone had any insight towards this issue. Thanks in advance, it is much appreciated.
This is a question I would post in the "Docs Corner" section of this forum. All of us here know about as much as you do unfortunately.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I had MEPs done beforehand and I must be waiting on my security clearance. I had an interview probably two to three months ago now; can't imagine what's taking so long. Any way to know when your sec clearance is finished?

I think the investigation just needs to be open, not finished, to get a FS so I don't know that that would actually be the holdup.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Is a sit down interview part of the security clearance process?

I had two MIP for Alcohol citations that generated it, according to the interviewers. So unless you have some kind of record along the same lines I'm guessing not.

Blue9

Pro-Rec SNA
I had two MIP for Alcohol citations that generated it, according to the interviewers. So unless you have some kind of record along the same lines I'm guessing not.
Not sure about this. I don't have anything on my record and I got a call a few days ago asking to confirm my current address and phone in order to schedule an interview.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Not sure about this. I don't have anything on my record and I got a call a few days ago asking to confirm my current address and phone in order to schedule an interview.

Hm that's interesting. They told me specifically it was generated because of those issues, but maybe that isn't the only thing then. A friend of mine who got his FS letter and is going to OCS in July never had to do an interview. He had a clean record as well.

So, 2 days after my CO announced that I'm going to OCS, I got an email from ocshelpdesk which said that it might take up to a month of two before getting an actually date? Is this a standard reply that most people get? What do you guys think?