• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

exNavyOffRec

It's not that my recruiter won't let me, it's just that he said a letter from an optometrist would probably not help. I don't quite understand that considering the cases of dfred and others.

The earliest appointment time I could get is this Friday, so I'll be getting my depth perception retested. Which test did you take the second time?

My recruiter left a message today (we couldn't get a hold of each other) saying that he wants to verify that I would be interested in going to OCS under a Pilot billet with the condition that if I do not pass my flight physical, that I would continue as a NFO. I should be happy but I'm a little skeptical since no one has heard of this, and NavyOffRec has said one must be PQ in order to go to OCS under a Pilot billet. Although I'd be happy to be an NFO if I'm not PQ for SNA, I'm afraid that, with the above arrangement, I'd be more likely to become an NFO and I'd have less leverage in fighting to keep an SNA slot. As crazy as it may be, do you understand my point of view? I think I'd prefer to just see an optometrist, pass the depth perception, and go to OCS under a Pilot billet without any conditions—the way people (like dfred) have done/will do it.

They cannot place any conditions on you, the contracts are standard, no where does it say you will agree to redesignate as a direct accession.

I am guessing you are at one of the districts under the spotlight, several have had more than the average drop for various reasons, but a drop is a drop, and a drop results in a call from CNRC (1 star) to Region (Capt) to NRD (CDR) to OR. It doesn't matter what the drop was for, this still happens, the more drops an NRD gets the more heat they get, so I am guessing your NRD is getting heat.

DON'T FEEL PRESSURED, this is your life not theirs.

Future Officers,
I got this email from OCS processor:"
You are medically qualified for OCS Accessions purposes. I am sending your PQ results to the PM today along with a Select letter (with no date of OCS). Remember, they will fill out the date and send the signed Select letter back to me for forwarding to your CO".
So, has anyone here been through this process? How long does this usually take? Being stuck on deployment, thinking about this is killing me. Thanks for any input guys.

exNavyOffRec

Future Officers,
I got this email from OCS processor:"
You are medically qualified for OCS Accessions purposes. I am sending your PQ results to the PM today along with a Select letter (with no date of OCS). Remember, they will fill out the date and send the signed Select letter back to me for forwarding to your CO".
So, has anyone here been through this process? How long does this usually take? Being stuck on deployment, thinking about this is killing me. Thanks for any input guys.

How long it takes depends on what is currently filled, hard to judge, could be sooner could be later, but you have a date on the way.

Rev

pilot
Fall would be perfect for me. Those August and September dates would be great, but as I'm sure it is with all of you, I'll go whenever the Navy will take me.

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
as of last week August has 20 spots left, early Sept and late Sept each have about 40 spots.

Do active duty candidates get an earlier date for OCS? Or do these dates apply to Civi's too? An August or September date would be amazing news right now. Waiting for news on PQ but I talked to my recruiter and every person along the way in MEPS and they said everything looked great.

exNavyOffRec

Do active duty candidates get an earlier date for OCS? Or do these dates apply to Civi's too? An August or September date would be amazing news right now. Waiting for news on PQ but I talked to my recruiter and every person along the way in MEPS and they said everything looked great.

it is first come first serve, now AD candidates have to have medical and security done before, others do not, so AD generally get spots sooner.

exNavyOffRec

at2wmz,
I was pro-rec'ed for SWO. Now I'm trying to patiently wait for FS being on deployment and all.

SWO is also a different situation, there have been people waiting to go to OCS for SWO for 2 years, so those guys it looks like are getting to go first, so an AD person selected Pilot on the same board as you would most likely go to OCS before you.

bluemarlin04

SWO is also a different situation, there have been people waiting to go to OCS for SWO for 2 years, so those guys it looks like are getting to go first, so an AD person selected Pilot on the same board as you would most likely go to OCS before you.
two years?

wow. Talk about a backlog. so if you made swo recently, you just got to wait???

on another note, enlisted advancement results came out today. Looks like alot of rates have opened up much more for advancement which is great.

bluemarlin04

does anyone else in this thread have tattoos? I have a large side piece, a half sleeve and chest piece. I took pics of them and filled out the tattoo form. Nothing shows in uniform.

I was just wondering if that is all that is required, Or is there more of a process to it after pro rec? I did all this back in december.