• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
I retested my depth perception (Stereo booklet) with a Kaiser optometrist, and I passed. In fact, the test seemed very easy and I got all of them right. I sent the results to my recruiter and he "passed them along." Now, I can only wait and hope that my situation turns out like yours.

I am in the exact same situation. Waiting for my PQ letter so we can send it to NRC.

DCrow

SNA Primary
mataron said:
I retested my depth perception (Stereo booklet) with a Kaiser optometrist, and I passed. In fact, the test seemed very easy and I got all of them right. I sent the results to my recruiter and he "passed them along." Now, I can only wait and hope that my situation turns out like yours.​
I am in the exact same situation. Waiting for my PQ letter so we can send it to NRC.

Just went to Bethesda Naval Hospital and passed a Stereo Booklet test with no errors (something like 20 second arc). Now we'll just have to see if they accept the depth perception re-test. It's surprising that on this thread alone we have now had 4 people say they retested and passed. The people at MEPS do one heck of a job processing so many people, but this seems like it should be addressed.

bluemarlin04

Got my PQ letter. Secret Clearance Already Done. DD368 is back from Pers and signed off.

Just waiting on my FS letter and leave date. Everything else is all set.. Hopefully comes quick, I turn 26 this month

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Got my PQ letter. Secret Clearance Already Done. DD368 is back from Pers and signed off.

Just waiting on my FS letter and leave date. Everything else is all set.. Hopefully comes quick, I turn 26 this month

How do you know your clearance is done?

Just went to Bethesda Naval Hospital and passed a Stereo Booklet test with no errors (something like 20 second arc). Now we'll just have to see if they accept the depth perception re-test. It's surprising that on this thread alone we have now had 4 people say they retested and passed. The people at MEPS do one heck of a job processing so many people, but this seems like it should be addressed.
Make that 5!

Went to MEPS today. On the depth perception it said 'passed - C'. As far as I know, that is not good enough for SNA! You need to get at least a 'passed - D' from what I have read. Otherwise no issues what so ever but I'm still bracing for the worst. I had 20-15 vision in both eyes. The depth perception test administered at MEPS was the random eye dot test. Looks like this:

A
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
B
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
etc.

The lens was dusty. In fact, before the cards were switched out, I had to move my head from side to side to focus passed the black specs floating in front of the letters I was reading. Ridiculous! You're not suppose to see double during the depth perception part. Maybe I should have crossed my eyes? Before OCS opened back up for the Navy, I was working with the USMC to submit a package for aviation. They sent me to a series of medical tests as a pre-screening. This included an orthopedic visit and I passed the Titmus/radio circle test 9/9 with 40 degrees of arc (aka perfect depth perception). There was a note at the bottom that read: 'passed A-F'. That test seemed to be a lot more accurate as there was a bright LED backlight, a way to focus the image, AND my field of view was completely enclosed in the device. Which means no, glare from the lamps on the ceiling, no white lab coats in my peripheral vision, and no specs of dust on the lens.

Very surprised... I gathered the paperwork from that visit. We'll see what happens I guess...

bluemarlin04

How do you know your clearance is done?
What do you mean?

I am in the Reserves now as a corpsman. Had my clearance done in 2004 when I joined so I already had one. I just checked with my security manager before I went on orders last month, still good to go.
You dont need a new one if you already have one. I know in 2 years I will have to update it because it has to be updated every 10 years.

I had emailed the help desk to verify whether I was PQ and I received and email back stating I was and that the program manager had to assign a date to me. I was told that it could take a few weeks and to be patient. After two weeks I received an email from my CO with my final select letter. Two days after I received my orders to transfer in five weeks. It can happen very quickly so they may say you have a month or two, but be sure you are ready now. I'm active duty as well so when you're CO signs off on your package you are essentially ready for immediate transfer. Good luck to you.
I guess I'm in the "two week" waiting process as well. Last Tuesday I got PQ'ed and this Tuesday my CO announced that he is working with CNRC regarding my OCS date. I was under the impression though that he had a date for me already but I guess it is in the works. Thanks for the news though, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is in the same situation. Good luck in OCS.

exNavyOffRec

I guess I'm in the "two week" waiting process as well. Last Tuesday I got PQ'ed and this Tuesday my CO announced that he is working with CNRC regarding my OCS date. I was under the impression though that he had a date for me already but I guess it is in the works. Thanks for the news though, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is in the same situation. Good luck in OCS.

Once you get a PQ letter, and clearance is either verified or "open" you go into the pool for OCS dates, right now they are trying to make their FY12 numbers so July 8 is being filled, but who knows how full it actually is at this point.

dfred

pilot
Once you get a PQ letter, and clearance is either verified or "open" you go into the pool for OCS dates, right now they are trying to make their FY12 numbers so July 8 is being filled, but who knows how full it actually is at this point.

Sir,

Is there any way we can request an earlier date through our OR?

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
What do you mean?

I am in the Reserves now as a corpsman. Had my clearance done in 2004 when I joined so I already had one. I just checked with my security manager before I went on orders last month, still good to go.
You dont need a new one if you already have one. I know in 2 years I will have to update it because it has to be updated every 10 years.
Sorry, forgot you were a prior. I was curious if I was able to look at the status of mine haha.

bluemarlin04

just got email from Off Recruiter. Said my final select letter is waiting to be signed by program manager. Does that mean I have an OCS date??

Alex Wells

just got email from Off Recruiter. Said my final select letter is waiting to be signed by program manager. Does that mean I have an OCS date??

Same situation here. I believe we do have a date. My processor said once it is signed it will be put in the system and he will be able to tell me the date.

exNavyOffRec

I think you are a bit excited, you recruiter probably said it was waiting to be signed by the director of ocs accessions, the PM doesn't sign the letter, but that would mean you have an ocs date in CIRIMS and he can see it if he logs in