• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

exNavyOffRec

two years?

wow. Talk about a backlog. so if you made swo recently, you just got to wait???

on another note, enlisted advancement results came out today. Looks like alot of rates have opened up much more for advancement which is great.

They will be waiting, but the backlog is going down, and many are in the first classes of FY13, so they will wait a bit longer than those selected for Pilot or NFO.

exNavyOffRec

does anyone else in this thread have tattoos? I have a large side piece, a half sleeve and chest piece. I took pics of them and filled out the tattoo form. Nothing shows in uniform.

I was just wondering if that is all that is required, Or is there more of a process to it after pro rec? I did all this back in december.

The waiver should have been approved prior to board so you should be ok, but don't get any more, that would require a new waiver.

Hey guys,
I was just readin the FEB/MAR thread and there are some applicants who are getting OCS dates. Has anyone here got any firm dates or FS letters?

tpgnpilt

SNA/NFO April '12 OCS 9 Sept
I just go word this morning that my FS letter came in with an OCS date of Sept. 9. However, it was for NFO and I am trying to get it switched to pilot. Don't know if that will have any change on the date.

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
I just go word this morning that my FS letter came in with an OCS date of Sept. 9. However, it was for NFO and I am trying to get it switched to pilot. Don't know if that will have any change on the date.
How are you going to try to get it switched to pilot? Were you physically qualified for pilot? Was NFO your first choice?

KingsburyK

API Warrior
Hey guys,
I was just readin the FEB/MAR thread and there are some applicants who are getting OCS dates. Has anyone here got any firm dates or FS letters?

Spoke with my recruiter today, still waiting on my FS. I was PQ'd and completed my security clearance process a couple months before the board. I don't mind the wait, it'll come in due time.

Just curious, are you a non-prior?

tpgnpilt

SNA/NFO April '12 OCS 9 Sept
How are you going to try to get it switched to pilot? Were you physically qualified for pilot? Was NFO your first choice?

I was physically qualified and pro-rec'd for both. Something was just messed up with the paperwork and NFO was put as primary instead of pilot. I just had to write a letter sayiong that I wanted pilot and now am just waiting to hear back.

Just curious, are you a non-prior?

I am prior though I got out about 3 years ago

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
Yup, PQ'd for SNA. It was very simple, saw an optometrist last Thursday, he had to write a letter that was about three lines describing what test I took and what my depth perception was, sent it up to NRC on Thursday afternoon and got word back this morning.
I retested my depth perception (Stereo booklet) with a Kaiser optometrist, and I passed. In fact, the test seemed very easy and I got all of them right. I sent the results to my recruiter and he "passed them along." Now, I can only wait and hope that my situation turns out like yours.

My CO announced on the 1MC yesterday that I will be going to OCS although he didn't specify the date. I hope I will be getting a FS letter shortly to join you guys in the July 8th class. SWO-GSE1.

Hey all, I am a pro-rec SNA/NFO from the April board and also failed the MEPS depth perception. I recently visited my civilian optometrist and was given the stereofly test, of which I passed with 100% and the doctors said my depth perception was perfect. However, my OR sent the results to NRC and called me today claiming they said I was still NPQ'd for SNA, and would not consider any alternative tests as I was permanently disqualified. From what I've been reading on these forums, several applicants have had this same issue, received further testing from specialized eye doctors, and been given the green light for OCS under a SNA billet. I was curious as to why I would be disqualified after re-testing with a perfect score, and if anyone had any insight towards this issue. Thanks in advance, it is much appreciated.