• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone who got PRO-REC'ed for SWO on April 27th got their Final Select letter? Good luck to all those who already got an OCS date!

DCrow

SNA Primary
Well this is going to move fast...Just got my OCS date. July 8th!!! haha, my recruiter wants me down to swear in by wednesday so we can get paperwork moving.

Question. For those of you who are in the know. What will my recruiter generally be testing me on as far as questions? Ranks and the big 4?

texag2010

Well this is going to move fast...Just got my OCS date. July 8th!!! haha, my recruiter wants me down to swear in by wednesday so we can get paperwork moving.

Question. For those of you who are in the know. What will my recruiter generally be testing me on as far as questions? Ranks and the big 4?

Oh wow, talk about short notice... Congrats though, that's great!

I'm not aware of recruiters testing you on those but you definitely want to show up to Newport with those memorized.

DCrow

SNA Primary
Yeah, she gave me a book of different info on the Navy and said to learn it. I've been working through it, but not nearly as hard as if I had known I would get a date this quickly! Just want to prioritize what I need to know.

Rev

pilot
It sounds like she was just trying to get you ready to go. I got the survivors guide from my recruiter but he never said anything about a test.

Congrats and good luck to you.

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
I'm physically qualified for SNA! This website and the people who helped with my situation are to thank.

If not for AirWarriors, I wouldn't have known to challenge the depth perception results I got at MEPS the first time and I would've been steered into NFO (not a bad option, but not my first choice). Members here suggested I see a civilian optometrist to retest my depth perception, and upon passing, submit the results to the Navy. I did that, and although I didn't get a PQ letter right away like some, I got a retest at MEPS. The retest was today. I took the same depth perception test (AFVT), but the results were much better—Pass (F). I was more rested, better hydrated, and the technician gave much better instructions than before.

Now, I await FS and OCS date.

DCrow

SNA Primary
Thanks Ben, it's a good guess.

Whew, sounds like the date might actually be moved back a few weeks due to paperwork. I'm pretty relieved. Just goes to show though, don't expect to have a lot of advanced notice. Be ready to go now!

Congrats matron!

Foxtrot20

Mataron, glad that everything worked out for you! Guys that are still waiting, your FS will come soon, perhaps sooner than you think. For those who have OCS dates, good luck!