• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling a bit impatient. Trying to take some of the advice on here about not worrying too much about It all and just enjoying life until you have to go to OCS, but it really would be nice to know for sure that I am going and when!

Anyone know if the July 8th class is full? Or is it still a possibility?

I think each person does it differently. I'm going to get in the best shape I can prior to OCS as I've heard that if physically, you are over-prepared, the mental part will be easier to handle. I'm mostly worried about my eyesight. I was at 20/30 uncorrected at MEPs in December, and I want to make sure I maintain it at that level. I work as a web developer, so my computer use is pretty high. I'm more anxious about that then anything else.

Mounta1nBik3r

I'm sure your vision will be fine, you would have to test worse than 20/40 to get redesignated or DOR'd. And I'm sure the more you're outside working out, or taking intermittent breaks from your screen to focus on things in the distance, the more likely your vision score should stay the same. I think the biggest thing to worry about, like you said, is being physically over-prepared. I keep pushing myself hard to get better, and sometimes even a little too hard. Just getting through an over-use injury and hoping that didn't set me back too far!

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I'm sure your vision will be fine, you would have to test worse than 20/40 to get redesignated or DOR'd. And I'm sure the more you're outside working out, or taking intermittent breaks from your screen to focus on things in the distance, the more likely your vision score should stay the same. I think the biggest thing to worry about, like you said, is being physically over-prepared. I keep pushing myself hard to get better, and sometimes even a little too hard. Just getting through an over-use injury and hoping that didn't set me back too far!

I watched a five hour segment on SEAL's BUDS training. After that, I've never ran so hard in my life. Every time I want to stop now I just remember that the BUDS guys will always have it way worse. Six part series on Youtube, I recommend you watch it, especially right before OCS, pretty sobering. Maybe it'll help me push in OCS haha.

:

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct

I've done the same thing a couple of times. I've had a desk job for the last 6 months so easing back into a consistent workout schedule has proven to be a struggle, especially with running. Do we do many runs or marches with a ruck and equipment on? I'm curious if I should be getting a weighted vest to try to get acclimated to the extra weight.

Blue9

Pro-Rec SNA
Do you know where your recruiter looked? Would kind of like to query my recruiter to check then if it's available somewhere.
Wish I knew. NavyOffRec's mentioned the name of the computer system once or twice -- I think it's CIMTRAC or something similar. I'd assume my OR was looking at the same thing.

DCrow

SNA Primary
I watched a five hour segment on SEAL's BUDS training. After that, I've never ran so hard in my life. Every time I want to stop now I just remember that the BUDS guys will always have it way worse. Six part series on Youtube, I recommend you watch it, especially right before OCS, pretty sobering. Maybe it'll help me push in OCS haha.

:

I live near Annapolis (naval academy) and a parent got me the seal workout video from the gift shop (shot during their buds training). Dear God! If OCS was anything like that the attrition rate would be horrible.

Mounta1nBik3r

Just watched the first few minutes, looks pretty good. I'll have to finish it this week. Reminded me a lot of Discovery's Surviving the Cut. Just finished that a couple weeks ago on Netflix, good show.

DCrow

SNA Primary
Waiting for this FS letter is like waking up each morning and not being sure if it's Christmas or Christmas Eve. (checks phone for messages from recruiter) nope, Christmas Eve still. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting for my shiny new plane.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Waiting for this FS letter is like waking up each morning and not being sure if it's Christmas or Christmas Eve. (checks phone for messages from recruiter) nope, Christmas Eve still. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting for my shiny new plane.

I was thinking about it. We're going to have to wait after we get our dates to go to OCS, then after OCS, we'll have to wait to class up for API. Then in API, we'll be anxious to finish and start flying. Then in Primary, we'll be anxious to pick our pipeline and find out what we got. Once we do that we'll be anxious and have to wait for our wings. Then we'll have to wait to be assigned to an FRS with our aircraft.

As bad as this seems, I think this is just a precursor for the next two or so years of our lives.

DCrow

SNA Primary
H
I was thinking about it. We're going to have to wait after we get our dates to go to OCS, then after OCS, we'll have to wait to class up for API. Then in API, we'll be anxious to finish and start flying. Then in Primary, we'll be anxious to pick our pipeline and find out what we got. Once we do that we'll be anxious and have to wait for our wings. Then we'll have to wait to be assigned to an FRS with our aircraft.

As bad as this seems, I think this is just a precursor for the next two or so years of our lives.
Yep, just thinking of that too. It's pretty cool to realize we're going to be this excited for the next two years of our lives. Working hard, sure, but excited? Absolutely.

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct

Yes, but waiting to class up, we will be commissioned officers living the dream in Pensacola (if I understand the process correctly). But I definitely understand what your saying. Just ready to get the journey started. Meanwhile, here I sit at my desk job reading Airwarriors and checking my phone every 5 minutes.