• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
On a slightly different note, does any lurker out there know why the Navy is selecting all applicants who apply for SNA/SNFO who meet the minimum requirements? What I'm getting at is with all the talk of sequester and air wings shutting down, etc, how does the Navy have such a shortage of pilots/NFOs? Just curious if anyone has any gouge on this and congrats to you all. See you guys in flight school soon!

I have been wondering the same thing! Hopefully everything works out for the best!

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
On a slightly different note, does any lurker out there know why the Navy is selecting all applicants who apply for SNA/SNFO who meet the minimum requirements? What I'm getting at is with all the talk of sequester and air wings shutting down, etc, how does the Navy have such a shortage of pilots/NFOs? Just curious if anyone has any gouge on this and congrats to you all. See you guys in flight school soon!

Training takes a few years so a lot of these needs are projections for shortages in the coming years -- not to mention that a lot of the causes of these shortages came about years ago when people were doing the projections back then.

Besides, they have other ways to weed out people in the future if need be. Until then though, they're still going to need bodies

Navy Airedale

SNA PRO-REC
I guess it is a 100% selection rate. I just got the email on Navy Bupers. Does anybody knows what happens next for active duty personal. It says we need a medical PQ but I thought that was a requirement before we sent our packages up. I am so excited.

SNA
27/M
9yrs Current Active Duty
3.0 5/7/4 49

exNavyOffRec

I guess it is a 100% selection rate. I just got the email on Navy Bupers. Does anybody knows what happens next for active duty personal. It says we need a medical PQ but I thought that was a requirement before we sent our packages up. I am so excited.

SNA
27/M
9yrs Current Active Duty
3.0 5/7/4 49

You have the oddest ASTB score I have ever seen, I wonder if they would have selected you anyway because it was so bizarre :)

exNavyOffRec

So after not getting the call yesterday, and nobody picking up at my recruiter's office. I called a different NRD to find out if I was selected. Highlights of my morning:
  • I originally told my recruiter I'd like to be considered for NFO as my second choice (SWO being my first). Later I even said "can I put it down as my first choice?" He said "okay" to both. Turns out not only was NFO not submitted as my first choice, it wasn't on my APSR at all. I had been put in for SWO and Supply. I never even mentioned supply.
  • I found out I didn't have anthopometric (spelling?) measurements, and I need them.
  • I might need to get a variety of letters related to my circumstances to be considered for the next NFO board.
This comes after not being submitted for the February IDC boards by a different recruiter at the same office.

Words cannot express my frustration anymore.

WTF was the recruiter doing? we know what he wasn't doing HIS JOB, shit like this pisses me off, how crappy does an OR or processor have to be not to be able to follow a checklist?

If you were throwing in the towel on applying I would say buy a few footballs then stop by the office and tell them they way they are running the office it looks like they need some footballs for the scenario to be complete.

apilot87

Okay. okay...Me calling you old timers "Has been's" may have been a below the belt. I do apologize for any comments that may have been taken as disrespectful. I am not on here to troll or burn bridges. I want to be part of a community that is going to be there for me throughout the next few years. I am sure there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here that is invaluable.

Here is what I was really upset about - The day I found out that I was selected was one of the happiest days of my life. 6 years in the Army and 4 years in school led me to this one day. It just felt like people were degrading my efforts or devaluing the achievement. As far as my comments about ASTB scores and flight time - I have no chip on my shoulder and I count my flight time as my saving grace during this selection. I know ASTB scores are important and are valid. I was just saying that FOR ME they weren't a death sentence because of the other aspects of my packet.

SO again... Sorry if you got offended, I know I am a noobie to this community, and id still like to be your BFF

apilot87

Speaking of raining on parades... WTH is blasting 4 DISLIKES on a thread in one day, especially on a member who has spent so much time assisting candidates on AW? Congrats on your selection, but this post smells of gloating, lack of humility & class!

1. "Armchair recruiter": apparently referring to NavyOffRec - low blow & classless.

2. "Has-beens": - apparently referring to any member with more flight, military & life experience than yoursef; that gives you answers and advice you don't like, or want to hear? NO AW MEMBER on this site with 'Gold Wings' in his avatar is a "has-been", regardless of age, experience or duty status!

3. "Proud Man": Pride/Self confidencc are good traits... but the line can be thin between them and arrogance, and you crossed the line on this thread. Next time you get the urge to push that "dislike" button - think twice!:(
BzB, MAS ERAU '89 - 4200 hr. "has-been"

I posted another apology on this thread, but I felt the need to say it again. Getting selected was a long process and a long road for me. I was acting childish and being a little thin skinned, so I felt like provoking the beast. At any rate I respect each and every service member and veteran on here. With lots of luck and hard work, I hope to share some of the experiences that you gentleman have had. I hope that you wont hold my ignorance against me, and try to remember it isn't easy being the new guy :)

afsf1

I posted another apology on this thread, but I felt the need to say it again. Getting selected was a long process and a long road for me. I was acting childish and being a little thin skinned, so I felt like provoking the beast. At any rate I respect each and every service member and veteran on here. With lots of luck and hard work, I hope to share some of the experiences that you gentleman have had. I hope that you wont hold my ignorance against me, and try to remember it isn't easy being the new guy :)
You are starting to sounds like that girl bitching about cutting her hair in one of the other threads. In four months no one besides you will know or care about what you scored on some silly entrance exam...all they will know is you scored well enough to get in.

You are (supposedly) a grown ass man, so act like it.

BackOrdered

Contributor
apilot87, I'm really having difficulty summarizing in plain English how much of a round turn you need to take.

Fortunately, you are not commissioned yet, still learning and it is up to "Gunny", not me. The best new guys on this site have been the ones who take the good gouge with the negative and made strides to overcome them like adults.

Take a good moment and re-read your posts. The only person who "devalued" your selection was "you."

Ok, I'm done. Once again congrats to those selected. Continue to make yourselves worthy of your opportunity.