• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

WilliamC

SNA API Current
When I went to MEPS I was the only one going Navy, but the guy in line next to me at the beginning of the day was going to Air Force OTC to be a pilot. We had some good laughs throughout the day. I feel like were the perfect stereotypes of Navy vs. Air Force pilot wannabe dudes. It was an easy enough day, just long. It ended with the aforementioned cornhole check though which was an awkward way to finish up the day. Better than the finger poke I had been sweating all day. You've got to admit it could have been worse!

Trchri

I've been lurking for a while and thought I would introduce myself. I applied to the December 3rd board for SWO.

27/M
Served 9 years in the USMC as a crew chief/crew chief instructor for the CH-53E
OAR 60
7/7/8
BS in Mathematics (3.78 GPA)
Master's in Mathematics Education (4.0 GPA)
5 LOR's - 2 LtCol, 1 Maj, 1 Capt, and one from my civilian employer (I am currently a mathematics professor)

I hope we get some good news soon!

I guess...if you consider the fact that you still got to show some mil doc your corn hole...:(

Nobody wins at MEPS...

Ok, I'm going to give everyone a fair warning- I'm about to ask a really stupid question.

Still reading? Ok... Is that just a male-only thing? Because I didn't have to do that for my physical either, and I was seriously trying to brace myself mentally for it. (Not that I'm complaining)

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Ok, I'm going to give everyone a fair warning- I'm about to ask a really stupid question.

Still reading? Ok... Is that just a male-only thing? Because I didn't have to do that for my physical either, and I was seriously trying to brace myself mentally for it. (Not that I'm complaining)

Not just male only. However even for women it wasn't that bad. I totally admit to falling on my arse during the duck walk though!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

Girls don't poop or have hemorrhoids so that's probably why.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
Is that just a male-only thing? Because I didn't have to do that for my physical either, and I was seriously trying to brace myself mentally for it. (Not that I'm complaining)

The only male thing at MEPS was the "cup and cough" as I like to call it...

After such a delightful experience, I have found the best ice breaker after such a situation: "Well...now that we got to know each other...how about a cup of coffee?"

:confused:

afwx

Booyahkah
The only male thing at MEPS was the "cup and cough" as I like to call it...

After such a delightful experience, I have found the best ice breaker after such a situation: "Well...now that we got to know each other...how about a cup of coffee?"

:confused:

Get used to it when you get selected and serve. Out of my time in service, I get a mandatory physical every year......which includes the "cup and cough" and the asshole exam. I've been lucky to at least have female docs do it. MEPS not so much. Both times was a male. The wierdest part (both times) was to have a man tell me to, "Bend over and spread your butt cheeks". Don't think I'll ever get used to that. The female are always like, "I really don't want to do it but I have to". <--That makes a little less akward but not by much.

Edit: I just realized I get it because I have a jump physical so It isn't normal..........unless you have a jump physical.

exNavyOffRec

When I went to MEPS I was the only one going Navy, but the guy in line next to me at the beginning of the day was going to Air Force OTC to be a pilot. We had some good laughs throughout the day. I feel like were the perfect stereotypes of Navy vs. Air Force pilot wannabe dudes. It was an easy enough day, just long. It ended with the aforementioned cornhole check though which was an awkward way to finish up the day. Better than the finger poke I had been sweating all day. You've got to admit it could have been worse!

Let me guess all he talked about was golf. :)

Grantspec

Pro-Rec SNA/NFO
IF the NRD submits the second set of papers then the clearance investigation will start, but they are supposed to wait until the results are out, however sometimes that doesn't happen.

I have a valid secret clearance because I work in a government facility... Will they investigate me again?