• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Also, if anyone has an account on sailorbob and would see if there is any news over there, that would be great.

I won't start bugging my OR or processor until I know that more people are finding out.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Yeah no news on that other forum as of a few minutes ago. It's making me pretty anxious, think I need to head to the gym to try to take my mind off it. Just curious, anyone else exercising in anticipation of OCS, esp those who think we might get a Jan date?

Yeah. I'm really glad that being in school I'll be done after this week and can really kick the workouts up a notch.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
Yeah no news on that other forum as of a few minutes ago. It's making me pretty anxious, think I need to head to the gym to try to take my mind off it. Just curious, anyone else exercising in anticipation of OCS, esp those who think we might get a Jan date?

Yeah im shifting my gym time over to more body weight to build endurance. Also starting running more.

I'm at work with a death grip on my phone and doing everything I can to stay distracted. Once I'm home, I will definitely be using your method.

I won't start bugging my OR or processor until I know that more people are finding out.

That's my plan too. The AD guys are saying they can't find anything online yet, and I haven't read or heard of anyone else receiving results besides that one on NavyOCS. I don't think I've ever been this nervous waiting for something in my life.

USCGSSO

Yep. I was told about the 3 Dec board late, and was told to possibly anticipate a January class. I'd been slacking off, but started excercising in earnest yesterday. I'm right where I like to be on push-ups/ situps. Still really hurting on my 1.5 mile, though.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I'm at work with a death grip on my phone and doing everything I can to stay distracted. Once I'm home, I will definitely be using your method.

That's my plan too. The AD guys are saying they can't find anything online yet, and I haven't read or heard of anyone else receiving results besides that one on NavyOCS. I don't think I've ever been this nervous waiting for something in my life.

I have my recruiter and processor set to this really obnoxious klaxon. Probably going to go off right in the middle of an exam I'm about to proctor.

As for the AD guys, other threads suggest that they usually find out through their chain of command, and I got the impression that usually meant they found out a tad slower than civilian applicants.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yep. I was told about the 3 Dec board late, and was told to possibly anticipate a January class. I'd been slacking off, but started excercising in earnest yesterday. I'm right where I like to be on push-ups/ situps. Still really hurting on my 1.5 mile, though.
I'm just the opposite, doing a lot of running but not SU/PU. Haven't timed a 1.5-mile run yet, maybe I'll try that today.

As for the AD guys, other threads suggest that they usually find out through their chain of command, and I got the impression that usually meant they found out a tad slower than civilian applicants.

I've heard this as well, but that doesn't stop them from checking BUPERS repeatedly for updates.

My recruiter likes to take his time contacting us. I usually beat him to the punch, or at least he wants me to think that. He always says, "I was just about to call you!" I called him last week beacuse I was confused that my secruity investigation was already underway. I had heard rumors about January class dates, but didn't know it applied to me until I called him. This was one of those times when he was "just about to call me." Last time I was waiting for board results, he didn't get the info to me for a couple weeks after it had been out. I was a non-select that time, so I'm hoping for better this time!

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
I've heard this as well, but that doesn't stop them from checking BUPERS repeatedly for updates.

My recruiter likes to take his time contacting us. I usually beat him to the punch, or at least he wants me to think that. He always says, "I was just about to call you!" I called him last week beacuse I was confused that my secruity investigation was already underway. I had heard rumors about January class dates, but didn't know it applied to me until I called him. This was one of those times when he was "just about to call me." Last time I was waiting for board results, he didn't get the info to me for a couple weeks after it had been out. I was a non-select that time, so I'm hoping for better this time!

my OR is the same way... never calls... is always about to call me.... and when I called him on monday he insisted the board had just started. Thats just the way it is I suppose.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Wow, so it seems this January thing is possibly on after all. I had sort of put it out of my mind since so many had shot it down earlier in the thread.

My recruiter has been pretty good so far. The only time I hadn't heard back from him was for clarification on the Jan class stuff...just wanted to know what the odds were since I'd have to start getting ready to leave soon. No response, but he might not have more gouge.

my OR is the same way... never calls... is always about to call me.... and when I called him on monday he insisted the board had just started. Thats just the way it is I suppose.

Mine told me Friday that the board had finished. Hmm. Or do you mean last Monday, and not yesterday?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I'm still skeptical that the process could be finished that quickly especially over the holiday season, but my recruited mentioned to me that some people may be going to the 27 Jan class. Maybe it's on a case-by-case basis, e.g. people who have already finished MEPS/security investigation.

Wow, so it seems this January thing is possibly on after all. I had sort of put it out of my mind since so many had shot it down earlier in the thread.

My OR's exact words were that they were looking to get people pushed through for January and February. My security investigation is set to come to a close this week, but I'm not 100% on what the status of it is right now. All of my medical was done the middle of last month, apparently for that exact reason. I know they've bumped some of the April/May guys up to January too. Who knows what's really fact and what's just a rumor.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
Some of us...if selected could only do a late Jan/Early Feb class date in order to commission on time. Whether that could be a factor in my acceptance...I just dunno.

exNavyOffRec

My OR's exact words were that they were looking to get people pushed through for January and February. My security investigation is set to come to a close this week, but I'm not 100% on what the status of it is right now. All of my medical was done the middle of last month, apparently for that exact reason. I know they've bumped some of the April/May guys up to January too. Who knows what's really fact and what's just a rumor.

They can't bump people up unless the person gives the ok, once assigned a date they can ask, the "date available" is on the application for a reason.