• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Me too, man. Me too. My first/middle/last names are all first names, and people ritually call me by my last name. In my office, when I get an email addressing me by my last name, I respond back addressing the person by their's. :)

(Disclaimer: This obviously doesn't apply to military atmosphere, or even when people intentionally call me by my last name, but when they think my last name is my first name, it's annoying)

YES. Same here. And it'd be different if they referred to me by my last name intentionally, given the right context, but that has simply never been the case for me.
Y'know, it'd be fairly ironic if the DI's at OCS refer to all candidates by their last names, but then they refer to you and me by our first names.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
YES. Same here. And it'd be different if they referred to me by my last name intentionally, given the right context, but that has simply never been the case for me.
Y'know, it'd be fairly ironic if the DI's at OCS refer to all candidates by their last names, but then they refer to you and me by our first names.

Haha, I'd sit there and take it, but I'd weep softly into my pillow later.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
From what the guy said, he got notified a little over an hour ago. It's too late to call my recruiter so I'm going to wait.
He heard from his processor, not recruiter according to follow on posts.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
My name's nice and easy, but people constantly call me by my last name instead of my first name. Biggest pet peeve.

Mine isn't bad - in fact my frat brothers used to forget my first name sometimes. It isn't bad in a "oh this is gonna be a hilarious callsign" way, but the DIs will probably ask me if I plan to "Roll" because it is 4 of 6 letters in my last name.

He heard from his processor, not recruiter according to follow on posts.

Can you guys on that forum keep the rest of us posted? I'm not on NavyOCS.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Can you guys on that forum keep the rest of us posted? I'm not on NavyOCS.
Definitely. Only one applicant has been notified so far, but I think this definitely bodes well for us getting results soon
*knocks on wood*

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Definitely. Only one applicant has been notified so far, but I think this definitely bodes well for us getting results soon
*knocks on wood*

Ditto. I keep using the fact that ya'll are getting results as a justification to email my recruiter to ask about the results from the board at which my package was reviewed!

paddybh1583

OCS 6 OCT 2013
Mine isn't bad - in fact my frat brothers used to forget my first name sometimes. It isn't bad in a "oh this is gonna be a hilarious callsign" way, but the DIs will probably ask me if I plan to "Roll" because it is 4 of 6 letters in my last name.

You can add "nuts" to mine and it makes complete sense... 23 years of telling myself that only sticks and stones can hurt me has got me to this point

USCGSSO

Don't know when we're going to hear about those Dec 3 boards, or if/where they can be found online. Getting excited from some of the previous posts.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
You can add "nuts" to mine and it makes complete sense... 23 years of telling myself that only sticks and stones can hurt me has got me to this point

Ok, now I'm really dying to know. "Numb....sack....hmm"

Don't know when we're going to hear about those Dec 3 boards, or if/where they can be found online. Getting excited from some of the previous posts.

Knowing that some dude on the other forums supposedly was informed last night is making me very antsy.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yeah no news on that other forum as of a few minutes ago. It's making me pretty anxious, think I need to head to the gym to try to take my mind off it. Just curious, anyone else exercising in anticipation of OCS, esp those who think we might get a Jan date?