• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
I did that in like 20 minutes. I had a pretty light weekend. Normally I'm a tad fried after work and working out - no way that would have happened on a weeknight..

Well then I guess its comforting to know if the navy doesn't pan out you can write christmas songs. Awesome job

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm glad my act of dorkiness was not perceived as such.
"Act of dorkiness"...NOT! You ought to send as an E-mail attachment, to OCS. They'd probably get a kick out of it & post for the candidates before they leave on Christmas break (if they're in the holiday spirit)!:eek:
BzB

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
Called my OR today. Board is on schedule and they are hustling as we speak.

Still no word on my packet. However, he said any day now...

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
"hustling"

sign here, sign here, sign here..coffee..routing, routing, routing..lunch..you forgot to sign here, sign here, sign here..can't route anymore, admin is gone for the day..try again tomorrow. :mad:

WilliamC

SNA API Current
Just got back from deployment and I went the OCS route. I will try to be around more often...if any of you have any questions, shoot me an IM or whatever. I had a terrible GPA and still was able to get the opportunity to wear shiny Wings of Gold, I'm getting ready to trade in the P-3 for the P-8. If any of you have any questions about OCS, the pipeline..or the P-3 and P-8 in general, give me a shout. My P-8 knowledge is very limited as we are starting the syllabus in January.

Good luck! This site is an excellent resource and there are Naval Aviators/NFO's with many hours of flight time and a few old timers here who "wrote the book" lurking about the place.

Man, I think P-8s would be sweet! I should talk to you sometime. I'll send you a PM when my last test (of my college career wow) is over later on tonight.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
"Act of dorkiness"...NOT! You ought to send as an E-mail attachment, to OCS. They'd probably get a kick out of it & post for the candidates before they leave on Christmas break (if they're in the holiday spirit)!:eek:
BzB

Much appreciated, but I don't think I need the DIs hearing about some guy who thinks he's a poet. I already have a terrible enough last name for OCS as it is!** Maybe some of the OCs home for the holidays will stumble on it and have a good laugh.

**We don't do "real names" on here, but let's just say it has the word "Roll" in it.

Called my OR today. Board is on schedule and they are hustling as we speak.

Still no word on my packet. However, he said any day now...

Mine told me the board finished Friday. So right now the decisions have probably all been made, but are just sitting on someone's desk to be signed off on.

afwx

Booyahkah
Not to kick the beehive but over on NavyOCS Forums, someone got notified today for the 3 Dec board for SWO (for those of you who applied).

TolgaK

PRO REC SNA!
**We don't do "real names" on here, but let's just say it has the word "Roll" in it.

My surname name features a letter, three times, which has no pronunciation in the English language. Most people give up quickly. The others make a game of trying to figure it out. I'm sure I'll have a nickname within a minute of the first attempted reading by a DI.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
My name's nice and easy, but people constantly call me by my last name instead of my first name. Biggest pet peeve.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
Mine told me the board finished Friday. So right now the decisions have probably all been made, but are just sitting on someone's desk to be signed off on.

And now we all know why the pen is mightier than the sword (just in case anyone had any doubts) :p

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
My name's nice and easy, but people constantly call me by my last name instead of my first name. Biggest pet peeve.

Me too, man. Me too. My first/middle/last names are all first names, and people ritually call me by my last name. In my office, when I get an email addressing me by my last name, I respond back addressing the person by their's. :)

(Disclaimer: This obviously doesn't apply to military atmosphere, or even when people intentionally call me by my last name, but when they think my last name is my first name, it's annoying)