• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone Currently at the Citadel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I went to the Citadel as a cadet and would be more than happy to answer questions a well, though I would also recommend El Cid too, his experience is more relevant.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
The Citadel

Any other selects get the "NROTCU The Citadel congratulates you on your selection to the STA-21 program!" email?

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I know some others who did. I believe it to be an abuse of the sender's position.

I received that email as well.

And I agree. A lot of selectees haven't even been informed by their commands yet. I haven't. Oh and the STA-21 site hasn't posted the results either.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I received it too...if I hadn't bought a house here in VA and already been accepted to ODU, I might have considered it! BTW, anyone interested in attending a college like the Citadel should look into Norwich University in Vermont! I almost went there before deciding to enlist and I must say that it has one of the most beautiful campuses I have seen and from all that I talked to there it seems as though it would have been a spectacular experience! Just FYI...

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I don't think the Citadel did anything wrong. The guy waited 4 days to send that out. If your command hasn't told you in that time, then something is wrong. The Navy Admin 256/07 has been posted on www.npc.navy.mil since 0800 am Friday.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I don't think the Citadel did anything wrong. The guy waited 4 days to send that out. If your command hasn't told you in that time, then something is wrong. The Navy Admin 256/07 has been posted on www.npc.navy.mil since 0800 am Friday.

It doesn't have to do with being notified. Its the fact that he obviously used an official source for obtaining all of our email addresses and then used that information to solicit the Citadel.

Some people may not care, others might see if differently. Personally I think its funny if they are that hard pressed for students they have to pursue us like that.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I can see your point in that respect. I actually emailed them back, after the limited communication I don't think I would go there. I was already reprimanded by email for not addressing that LT with enough military courtesy

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I can see your point in that respect. I actually emailed them back, after the limited communication I don't think I would go there. I was already reprimanded by email for not addressing that LT with enough military courtesy

Lol, are you serious? Yeah, that'd definitely be a turn-off for me! I would think that at the very least they wouldn't stop kissing your butt until the day they had your name on their mornign muster! :D

pat

It isn't just the Citadel. I had crap from a dozen plus schools coming in, both snailmail and email. I don't know where the leak was, but I got junk all the way through NSI.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
It doesn't have to do with being notified. Its the fact that he obviously used an official source for obtaining all of our email addresses and then used that information to solicit the Citadel.

Some people may not care, others might see if differently. Personally I think its funny if they are that hard pressed for students they have to pursue us like that.
The Citadel is a fine institution where I had the pleasure graduating from. The blood, sweat, and tears poured into that campus were worth it all.

The Citadel is not "hard-pressed" for students. Like any other school, they have an active recruiting operation. I happened to work in admissions there and they go after the best. If you were recruited, consider it an honor.

I think it is ridiculous for a LT to demand more military courtesy in an email. If you address a senior by his rank or a sir/maam, write the email professionally, and sign off with a V/R (Very respectfully) that is in my experience good to go. I have a LT classmate in the Naval War College who was castigated for his email etiquette and the problem was publically addressed by the students (all Naval Officers) to the professor. Naval Officers consider email communication important as your name is attached to it and you will look silly to your CO if you are writing gibberish. Congrats to the STA-21 guys, now that you earned a spot in line for a lineal number, get that commission!

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
The Citadel is a fine institution where I had the pleasure graduating from. The blood, sweat, and tears poured into that campus were worth it all.

The Citadel is not "hard-pressed" for students. Like any other school, they have an active recruiting operation. I happened to work in admissions there and they go after the best. If you were recruited, consider it an honor.

I think it is ridiculous for a LT to demand more military courtesy in an email. If you address a senior by his rank or a sir/maam, write the email professionally, and sign off with a V/R (Very respectfully) that is in my experience good to go. I have a LT classmate in the Naval War College who was castigated for his email etiquette and the problem was publically addressed by the students (all Naval Officers) to the professor. Naval Officers consider email communication important as your name is attached to it and you will look silly to your CO if you are writing gibberish. Congrats to the STA-21 guys, now that you earned a spot in line for a lineal number, get that commission!

Can you briefly explain what he did or did not do in the e-mail?

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I got that e-mail too. I don't really care what the intentions were in sending it. I've already got my school(s) lined up so I pretty much ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.